Information Processing Specialist
The primary function of this position is to assist and at times coordinate administrative needs in the data entry department, which processes over 55,000 applications to the Harvard College Admissions Office.
- Scans, imports, and uploads application documents into admissions system (Slate).
- Creates applicant and school records in a highly complex database.
- Performs data quality control in support of the Admissions operations process.
- Interprets application data to confirm to admissions coding procedures.
- Coordinates workflow with other assigned departments including mailroom, records, and transfer operations.
- Enters applications and supplemental information submitted via mail.
- Follows standardized data entry tasks and established workflow procedures.
- Works in cooperation with data entry coordinator to standardize, verify, and maintain documentation of processes and procedures.
- Works with department administrator to verify admissions decisions.
- Three or more years of related experience. Education beyond high school may count toward experience.
- Appropriate communication skills required.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to handle complex and confidential information with discretion.
- Competency using a variety of computer software (e.g., office productivity, business applications) and the Internet.
- Must be able to work additional hours to meet operational needs during peak season.
- Work will require sitting, near vision use for reading and computer use for extended periods of time.
- Work is typically performed in an office setting, but may be remote, as directed by FAS.
In order to be considered for this position, please demonstrate basic qualifications are met.ApplicantsMUSTsubmit a cover letter in addition to their resume in order for their application to be reviewed.
This seasonal position (October through April) is part-time, typically working 20 hours per week. Additionally, there isa 3-month orientation and review period.
All formal offers will be made by FAS HR.
The Admissions, Financial Aid, and Student Employment Office of Harvard College is committed to the values of diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging. In order to recruit and admit a diverse class, as well as support students' equitable access to educational experiences, we strive toward Harvard University's goal of inclusive excellence. We affirm that a rich learning and working environment can only result from a diverse community where all are supported in being their authentic, true selves and empowered to contribute fully to our shared goals and achievements.Job Function
USA - MA - Cambridge
403033 Staff Assistant III
Harvard College Admissions and Financial Aid
55 - Hvd Union Cler & Tech Workers
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.