Enrollment Services Assistant/Counselor, Financial Aid
Caldwell University invites applications for a non-exempt, full-time Enrollment Services/Financial Aid Counselor. As Enrollment Services Counselor the position is responsible for creating a welcoming environment while providing front line support for the University’s one stop shop for student billing, financial aid and registration services. In addition this position is responsible for preparing financial aid applications, for providing information and counseling to students and parents regarding financial aid procedures. Other responsibilities include but are not limited to;
- Answering general questions from faculty, students, and staff in person, on the phone via email, and virtually as need.
- Accepting and verifying forms from all functional areas.
- Monitoring common email inboxes and responding as appropriate.
- Accepting payment (cash & check); reconciling receipt screen daily.
- Processing registration activities.
- Removing holds as directed.
- Maintaining knowledge of all student online portal functionality, ranging from course search to aid package to online payment.
- Preparing and communicating financial aid packages to students through mail and/or electronic notification. Contact students and families to get information such as income tax information, referral letters, and verification worksheets to complete student files for edit and verification purposes.
- Coordinating the Veteran’s benefits program; certification of semester registrations for receipt of education and living benefits under the Veterans’ programs.
- Presenting to students and families at various on and off-campus events.
- Responsible for managing daily activities of office, coordinating files, mail, and office supplies.
- Applying University regulations and policies in compliance with FERPA.
- Bachelor’s degree plus one to two years of effective experience is required. Experience using
- Microsoft Excel is a plus.
- Knowledge of Powerfaids and/or Jenzabar computer systems is extremely desirable. The successful candidate will be a student centered individual who thrives in a team environment.
- This person will be detail oriented and have excellent written and verbal communication skills. It is critical for this person to have the aptitude for learning the different functions of the CARES Center to facilitate processes that assist students with billing, financial aid and registration services.
Believing that diversity contributes to academic excellence and to rich and rewarding communities, Caldwell University is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body. Candidates from historically underrepresented groups, whose work furthers our diversity and inclusion efforts, and who bring to campus varied life experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds are especially encouraged to apply. Candidates must be willing to support the Catholic Dominican mission of the University.
Candidates must submit a cover letter, resume and complete contact information for three professional references including at least one current or previous supervisor.
Caldwell University is a private, Catholic coed four-year university with a strong liberal arts core curriculum that enhances critical thinking and analytical reasoning. Caldwell offers 31 undergraduate and 31 graduate programs, including doctoral, master’s, certificate, and certification programs, as well as online and distance learning options that prepare students for today’s global marketplace. The university has 15 NCAA Division II athletic teams and numerous clubs, fraternities, sororities, and activities on a beautiful 70-acre campus located in the suburbs of Caldwell, New Jersey. Caldwell was founded by the Sisters of Saint Dominic of Caldwell. Its core values of respect, integrity, community, and excellence influence academic and campus life.
Caldwell University is an Equal Opportunity Employer strongly committed to diversity and inclusion within its community.