Reports to Department Administrator. Provides a wide range of complex administrative and clerical duties to support the WGS Office.
This position is responsible for many of the day-to-day administrative functions, including maintaining departmental email accounts, greeting visitors and answering inquiries, overseeing office and kitchen supply needs and placing orders accordingly, and maintaining office equipment.
Creates and maintains departmental calendar and acts as point of contact for scheduling classrooms, meetings, and events.
Creates and distributes weekly Events and Opportunities Newsletters.
Participates in social media efforts and web projects.
Prepares and maintains concentrator records, updates concentration and advising materials as needed.
Provides administrative support to Director of Undergraduate Studies, Assistant Director of Undergraduate Studies, and other WGS course instructors as needed.
Assists with event planning, including booking space, arranging catering, a/v, and other needs, issuing invitations and tracking rsvps as needed.
Assists Department Administrator on marketing and publicizing events.
Performs other related duties as needed.
3+ years administrative experience.Additional Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team in a higher education setting.
- Strong organizational and communication skills, as well as exceptional attention to detail and proofreading skills required.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential material appropriately.
- Ability to provide culturally sensitive support to a diverse faculty and student body.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and accomplish tasks with minimal supervision.
- Exceptional follow through on projects and assignments.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office, necessary; knowledge of Open Scholar, Canvas, and Photoshophelpful.
- Flexibility, enthusiasm, and initiative are essential.
- Cover letter will be viewed as example of writing skills.
- Familiarity with higher education preferred.
This is a part-time, 26.25 hour per week position.
All formal offers will be made by FAS HR.
Candidates will be asked to completeproofreading and writing tests during the interview process.
Until our return to campus and full operational status, which is still to-be-determined, this interview process and position will take place in a modified mannerincluding virtual interviews, remote onboarding, and remote work. However, once the department reaches full operational status, the position will require your presence on campus.
USA - MA - Cambridge
403033 Staff Assistant III
Committee on Degrees in Studies of Women, Gender, and Sexuality
55 - Hvd Union Cler & Tech Workers
26.25 hours per week
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.