Senior Media Technician/Digital Video Specialist
Education Support Services (ESS), formerly Instructional Media Services, inthe Faculty of Arts and Sciencesprovides world-class audiovisualand instructional support, training, and consulting services to faculty, staff, students. The team supports the school's mission by delivering premium technology offerings that enhance and creatively advance the teaching & learning environment.
ESS is comprised of six service groups: Assistive Technology, Piano Technical Services, the Language Center, Teaching. & Learning Support, Design & Engineering, and Event & Media Production. This role will be a part of the Teaching & Learning Support team.
The Senior Multimedia Technician/Digital Video Specialist would work to support faculty, students, and staff in the preparation and use of classroom multimedia and digital video capture; regularly advance knowledge of emerging audio, video, and multimedia technologies; and coordinate multimedia technology for class demonstrations with the laboratory preparation staff.
- Manage all course recordings created by ESS technicians;
- Manage, supervise and log the hand-off of media from capture to transcode, and upload to Panopto for use in the learning management system
- Manage workflow for course video recording, including coordination of daily and weekend recording.
- Update ServiceNow to reflect changes in recording requests, and track jobs and events;
- Monitor and address quality issues for submitted media. Maintain standards for video post-production and troubleshoot posting to FAS platforms and additional course websites;
- Perform color correction, audio correction, and assembly edits for course recordings using Final Cut Pro, Compressor, and other industry-standard tools;
- Collaborate with Digital Video Services, ESS Event & Media Production, the Academic Technology Group, and other stakeholders to ensure cross-group communication and integration of services; attend planning meetings with related departments (e.g., streaming video meeting with HUIT and other streaming video providers).
- Support technically complex events in classrooms and other locations;
- Set up and operate multimedia equipment including, but not limited to, data/video and other formats of projection, video cameras, audio recorders, sound reinforcement systems, videoconferencing systems, and classroom computers;
- Train and assist faculty, staff, and others in setting up and operating classroom multimedia equipment;
- Collaborate with other team members to support and troubleshoot live streaming, lecture capture, and online events.
- Coordinate and consult with clients in the planning of services for courses and special events;
- Use ServiceNow to create job entries and manage workflow; participate in training and distributing work to less-than-half-time (LHT), temp, and student employees.
- Overtime work may be required at times. This position will evolve over the next several years as technology advances and some duties may change.
A minimum of two years of college or technical school; at least two years of experience in digital media and classroom technology.Additional Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum of three years of experience editing digital video, with knowledge of Final Cut Pro and digital video and audio formats.
- At least three years of experience in supporting audiovisual systems, preferably in an academic environment.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and meet deadlines, and should have an employment record of reliability and strong attendance.
- Demonstrated self-starter and able to perform duties with minimal supervision and have a highly positive customer service attitude.
- Proficiency with Panopto and Canvas.
FAS is committed to cultivating not only the diversity of our faculty, staff, and students but also in developing aninclusive culturethat is vibrant, engaging, and encouraging of innovation as well as intellectual debate. We believe creating and maintaining an inclusive workplace allows employees from all backgrounds and walks of life to achieve their fullest potential. We also believe aninclusiveculture is one that accepts, values and views as strength the difference we all bring to the workplace. We encourage our community members to participate in ourFAS Diversity Dialogues.
All formal written offers will be made by FAS Human Resources.
USA - MA - Cambridge
402041 Senior Media Technician
Education Support Services
55 - Hvd Union Cler & Tech Workers
8am - 4pm
Some overtime and evening/weekend work will be required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.