Senior Media Technician/Shift Supervisor
Serve as the key resource and primary contact while overseeing technical multimedia support for FAS courses and events, address technology malfunctions through troubleshooting, repairs, and equipment replacement, and coordinate with HUIT regarding networking issues to ensure reliable services.Job-Specific Responsibilities
- Support faculty, students, and staff in the use and care of classroom multimedia and digital video capture equipment
- Regularly advance knowledge of emerging audio, video, and multimedia technologies
- Help coordinate multimedia technology for course and event support.
- Update and create detailed departmental activity reports, perform data entry in ServiceNow including job entries and billing, and correct data discrepancies, technical issues, and project concerns.
- Collaborate with ESS staff and leadership; actively participate in ongoing multimedia projects, and work to develop and maintain policies and communications with the team, vendors, affiliated Harvard departments, and clients.
- Provide coverage for colleagues during absences.
- In a highly skilled manner, both independently and as a member of a team, support on-campus events requiring multimedia services
- Make recommendations for the acquisition of new technologies, services, collaborations, and classroom installations.
- Help develop and maintain a detailed training program for ESS temporary and less-than-half-time crew. Perform quality assurance for tasks and products and provide metrics as needed.
- Work closely with the Design & Engineering team to coordinate upgrades and repairs in media-rich classrooms.
A minimum of two years of college or technical school and at least three years ofexperience with multimedia support.Additional Qualifications and Skills
- College background in multimedia or a technology-related field preferred.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- An employment record of reliability and strong attendance.
- Ability to work with a range of clients and develop team solutions to service problems in a client-friendly and professional manner.
Must obtain a Certified Technology Specialist (CTS) certification within two years.Physical Requirements
Ability to lift 50 pounds, climb ladders, and swiftly transport equipment across campus.
Some evening and/or weekend shifts may be required.Additional Information
FAS is committed to cultivating not only the diversity of our faculty, staff, and students but also in developing aninclusive culturethat is vibrant, engaging, and encouraging of innovation as well as intellectual debate. We believe creating and maintaining an inclusive workplace allows employees from all backgrounds and walks of life to achieve their fullest potential. We also believe aninclusiveculture is one that accepts, values and views as strength the difference we all bring to the workplace. We encourage our community members to participate in ourFAS Diversity Dialogues.
All formal offers will be made by FAS Human Resources.
USA - MA - Cambridge
402041 Senior Media Technician
Media Tech Services
55 - Hvd Union Cler & Tech Workers
8am - 5pm
Some evening and/or weekend shifts may be required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.