Administrative Support Assistant 4 (Student Services Coordinator)
Job Number: REQ_0000016326
CURRENT EMPLOYEES OR STUDENTS:
If you are a current employee (faculty, staff, technical service, or student) at Penn State, please login to Workday to complete the internal application process. If you are a current student at Penn State and seeking employment with Penn State, please login to Workday to complete the student application process.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
Penn State Law-University Park is seeking an enthusiastic and detailed oriented individual to be a part of the Office of Student Services team. The Office of Student Services is committed to, and accountable for, advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in all its forms. The Office of Student Services mission is to build community though programs, services, and partnerships that enhance the student experience at Penn State Law. Our services are focused on holistic student development. Also, we help students navigate both personal opportunities and challenges that may arise in pursuit of their legal education.
The Student Services Coordinator responsibilities include organizing, coordinating, and implementing activities for administrative and academic processes/projects for Penn State Law Office for Student Services. The candidate will resolve complex inquiries, develop process/procedures making recommendations for improvement, oversee budgets, approve expenditures, and ensure record retention guidelines are followed. Specifically, the individual will be the Student Services office manager; budget coordinator for the office and student groups; provide building operations assistance by overseeing parking, lockers, and mailboxes; and assistance with event planning.
Other responsibilities for this position may include, but are not limited, to the following:
- Oversee and ensure travel arrangements for students, student organizations, moot court teams, and mock trial teams are met
- Oversee the financial reimbursement for students, student organizations, moot court teams, and mock trial teams. Review proposed expenditures prior to submission for reimbursement to ensure compliance with law school and/or University policies and procedures
- Maintain office files, procedures, and manuals; maintain distribution lists and/or databases, verify and enter information
- Provide administrative support for the Assistant Dean and Associate Director for Student Services
- Assist in the administrative planning and preparation of major Penn State Law events and programs including Orientation, Commencement, Minority Mentor Program, Judicial Clerkship Program, and more.
- Assist Associate Director for Student Services with student organizations, law journals, moot courts, and mock trials event planning.
- Oversee the parking lottery for Penn State Law and the School of International Affairs students.
- Oversee the student locker distribution and student mailboxes for Penn State Law JD students.
This position will be filled as an Administrative Support Assistant 4. Typically requires a High School diploma or higher plus3 yearsofrelated experienceor an equivalent combination of education and experience.
This position will be located on the University Park campus. The successful candidate will also have:
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- A positive attitude and a willingness to take on new challenges
- Customer service orientation to positively work with students, faculty, and staff
- Exemplary interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Proficiency in Microsoft 365 applications (e.g., Teams, Sharepoint, OneDrive), database management, and student information systems (LionPATH).
- A proven ability to self-motivate and work both independently and as part of a team
- A high level of professionalism, discretion, and confidentiality
The Pennsylvania State University is committed to and accountable for advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in all its forms. We embrace individual uniqueness, foster a culture of inclusion that supports both broad and specific diversity initiatives, leverage the educational and institutional benefits of diversity, and engage all individuals to help them thrive. We value inclusion as a core strength and an essential element of our public service mission. Penn State is committed to affirmative action, equal opportunity, and the diversity of its workforce.
More information on the community of State College and its many amenities can be found here: https://happyvalley.com.