Administrative Support Coordinator
Job Number: REQ_0000016132
CURRENT EMPLOYEES OR STUDENTS:
If you are a current employee (faculty, staff, technical service, or student) at Penn State, please login to Workday to complete the internal application process. If you are a current student at Penn State and seeking employment with Penn State, please login to Workday to complete the student application process.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
The Finance Office and Office of Human Resources in the Office of the Senior Vice President for Research (SVPR) is seeking an Administrative Support Coordinator to coordinate, prioritize and maintain schedules, calendar of meetings and events including assistance with program development, and coordination of site contracts and functions.
The responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Represent the work unit(s) in various meetings and/or committees involving other administrative and academic units.
- Review and check documents for completeness, accuracy, and conformance with applicable guidelines/regulations and procedural requirements, ensure deadlines are met.
- Perform routine, non-routine and confidential administrative duties, and proxy responsibilities as authorized in absence of supervisor.
- Act as the facilities contact for the units.
- Act as lead records retention liaison for the SVPR unit, working with contacts in each area to ensure compliance with policy/procedure for records management and retention; disseminate information to and perform periodic audits of SVPR offices. Review and destroy old documents and records under policy guidelines.
- Draft, edit, and distribute communications with customers and management, ensuring clear and accurate information and instructions, resolve issues or concerns, and coordinate activities
- Assist staff in supported units with monitor/ forward/ respond to the Finance Office (FO) helpdesk, maintain FO Teams site, assist with training opportunities in SIMBA (a financial system at Penn State), InfoReady (Penn State's proposal management system), etc.
- Order supplies, including distribution of employment posters to units.
- Sort and distribute mail, scan and file confidential information.
- Monitor budgetary matters for unit; ensure fiscal deadlines are met; assist in coordinating budget reports, records; review and approve financial transactions.
- Submit, review and approve financial transactions, maintain budget files, and related special projects for unit.Gather files and documents requested for audit purposes.
This position will be filled at a Level 3 and typically requires anAssociate'sdegreeor higher plus 3 years of related experienceor an equivalent combination of education and experience.Office 365 and SAP/Concur (Employee Reimbursement System), SIMBA preferred, InfoReady and Workday preferred.
This position will require successful completion of standard background checks.
The Pennsylvania State University is committed to and accountable for advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion inall ofits forms. We embrace individual uniqueness, foster a culture of inclusive excellence that supports both broad and specific diversity initiatives, leverage theeducational and institutional benefits of diversity, and engage all individuals to help them thrive. We value inclusive excellence as a core strength and an essential element of our public service mission.