New York, New York
Career Development and Services
LIM College - Where Business Meets Fashion is currently seeking candidates for the position of Internship Coordinator.
LIM College educates students for success in the global business of fashion and its many related industries. Located in midtown Manhattan - the fashion capital of the world - and devoted exclusively to the study of business and fashion, LIM College fosters a unique connection between real-world experience and academic study in business principles. Undergraduate students may major in Fashion Merchandising, International Business, Management, Marketing or Visual Merchandising. At the graduate level, LIM College offers an MBA program as well as MPS programs in Fashion Marketing, Fashion Merchandising & Retail Management, Global Fashion Supply Chain Management, and Visual Merchandising.
The Internship Coordinator is responsible for managing and providing administrative, academic support to the Career Education curriculum within the Office of Career and Internship Services. Duties include, but are not limited to, writing, preparing and processing a variety of forms and reports; administering, conducting, and analyzing reports on surveys and assessments; advising students on the Career Education curriculum and requirement; addressing student and faculty inquiries; coordinating semester course sections and materials; assisting with special projects; and performing other job-related duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTION AND BASIC DUTIES:
- Act as the front-line coordinator of the student internship experience ensuring the academic quality and integrity of all academic internships, co-ops and experiential education career development and project internships.
- Manage the university career management system, Handshake.
- Provide overall support in the creation, standardization, and updating of career education courses, experiences, and curriculum each semester.
- Assist in collection, tabulation, and analysis of outcomes and evaluations.
- Monitor and track students’ internship placement processes, oversee maintenance of accurate student experiential learning records, providing support to Career & Internship Services staff and faculty using spreadsheets, SONIS reports, phone and e-mail outreach.
- Organize and maintain the process for the student internship experience, student applications, registration, and enrollment, including the coordination and effective delivery of:
- Supervisor evaluation files through the Handshake CSM system.
- Internship course deadlines and registration dates for the academic calendar.
- Internship course issue resolution with students, faculty, staff, and employers.
- Conduct in-person, phone, or remote on-site visits to employers, as needed.
- Create/manage CIS collateral and promote experiential learning to student/employers.
- Develop and update internship documents, policies, procedures, and forms and disseminate to Handshake, Canvas, and CIS staff and faculty each semester, ensuring the academic quality and integrity of all academic internships, projects, and co-op.
- Benchmark and research best practices, making recommendations for improvements and changes to CIS services that reflect best practices, editing, updating, and managing content.
- Provide overall support in the creation, standardization, and updating of career education curriculum each semester, including:
- Prepare course shells in Canvas ensuring all course documents are accurate and up to date.
- Collect pre-semester course checklists, syllabi, course calendars, and final gradebooks from CIS faculty.
- Assist with assigning and scheduling adjunct faculty to teach each semester.
- Regularly correspond with and support CIS faculty throughout each semester.
- Advise students on the Career Education curriculum including course sequence, course concerns and issues, evaluation of previous work experience.
- Support with the development and design of event flyers, brochures, newsletters, Career Guides/Manuals (i.e. Career Guidebook), posters, handouts, and other marketing collateral, in collaboration with the College Marketing & Communications office, as necessary.
- Assist in the maintenance and updates of the department website, including social media and other communication avenues, with target information for students, employers, parents, alumni, and?LIM faculty/staff, as needed.
Career Management Technology
- Manage the university career management system, Handshake, by reviewing and approving all job listings, vetting new employers, adding events and job and internship posting, creating the Virtual Career Fair
- Import student and employer data through Handshake Importer Tool
- Routinely serves as a point of contact for employer inquiries and promote LIM College students for internship and full-time job opportunities.
- Support the team with the First Destination survey and data collection, timeline, reporting and data analytics for all internship programs, employer evaluations, and Career Outcomes.
Academic Support/Campus Engagement & Events
- Manage front desk operations, including but not limited to, greeting students, faculty/staff, employers, alumni, and guests to CIS answering phones, relaying messages, assisting with appointments, and scheduling meetings.
- Handle and direct all incoming inquiries to the department including oversight of the department email.
- Serve as a liaison to student service offices and academic departments to help identify and promote relevant internships for specific majors.
- Participates and supports all college-wide programs such as New Student Orientation, committees, and “all hands-on deck” events as assigned.
- Manage the organization and logistics of career education course projects and classroom presentations.
- Develop and oversee the CIS Calendar, participates in all CIS events and programs and assists in the staffing and coordination of virtual campus career fairs in Handshake each semester by managing employer registrations, communicating event info with employers and campus recruiters, and employer inquiries.
- Help manage the logistics and coordination of all department events including but not limited to planning, vendor communication, monitoring a budget, confirming and managing venue vendors, delivery of services by outside vendors and catering, pre-and post-event functions including registrations, video recordings, tracking data via Zoom reports, procurement and purchasing procedures, and the submission, tracking, and reconciliation of budgets.
- Assist in department events and other projects and duties as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS: The person selected will have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 1-2 years’ experience working in a student support function within a higher education or similar setting, or closely related internship or externship experience while pursuing a graduate degree.
- Demonstrable ability to work successfully with diverse populations;
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously;
- High level of proficiency in the use of MS Word and Excel;
- Experience in managing a variety of social media platforms and working knowledge of the Handshake Career Management platform and Canvas LMS is a plus;
- Experience working successfully in a higher education setting.