Administrative Assistant - West Virginia Public Education Collaborative
The West Virginia Public Education Collaborative at West Virginia University is seeking applications for an Administrative Assistant. This position is responsible forsupporting the West Virginia Public Education Collaborative in the Office of the Provost. This position will be responsible for programming, event coordination, communications support, and administrative and organizational support for the WVPEC.
In order to be successful in this position, the ideal candidate will:
- Provide first-line administrative support to the WVPEC.
- Meet deadlines while handling sensitive timelines, outcomes and sustaining long-term projects.
- Collaborate with key internal partners including the West Virginia Department of Education, WVPEC statewide partners, the Claude Worthington Benedum Foundation, WVU Colleges and Centers, and WVPEC partner members to develop events that are aligned to the goals and mission of the WVPEC.
- Establish and maintain relationships with external partners including business leaders, K12 school representatives and state and national stakeholders.
- Create original written content to support memos, newsletters, conference proceedings, and summaries.
- Conduct research/data collection from various sources and present it in a consistent format.
- Design, coordinate, publicize, and provide onsite support to programs, events and panels hosted by WVPEC and the Provost's office
- Build and maintain relevant spreadsheets and databases, specifically campus-wide STEM inventory and statewide business speaker's bureau for K-12 schools.
- Support communications and marketing needs, including writing and posting social media, bimonthly newsletters, brochures, event materials and handouts.
- Assist in maintaining and monitoring budget.
Pay Grade :15
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- One (1) year of directly related and progressively responsible or expansive university work experience which must include support of a director or above level position, confidential office protocol, scheduling, arranging travel, work processing, editing, composing correspondence, creating spreadsheets, operating computers, and knowledge of the University structure, policies and procedures.
- Ability to maintain absolute confidentiality pertaining to sensitive university issues.
- Ability to meet deadlines while handling multiple time sensitive issues.
- Ability to sustain long-term projects.
- Demonstrated ability to use independent judgment when prioritizing work and evaluating the criticality of various university issues while multitasking other job duties.
- Demonstrated writing ability using formal and proper grammar. Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and professionally over the phone and in person.
- Demonstrated knowledge of various state and federal regulations as they pertain to student and general university issues, such as state residency laws, the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), Freedom of Information Act (FOIA), etc.
- Knowledge of university structures and systems, such as performance reviews, financial aid rules, advising procedures, Academic Integrity policies, etc.
- Exceptional organizational and logistical skills.
- Ability to work across disciplines and departments, as well as within the office, to finish projects and/or achieve goals of the WVPEC and the university as a whole.
- Demonstrated ability to work with commonly used enterprise technology programs, including but not limited to all applications within the Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat Pro, Sharepoint, Qualtrics, and Outlook.
At West Virginia University, we leverage our talents and resources to create a better future for our state and the world. As West Virginia's land-grant university, WVU has three campuses that touch each corner of the state. The WVU System includes 518 buildings on 15,880 acres, Extension Service offices in all 55 counties, ten experimental farms and four forests.
From the groundbreaking R1 research of our flagship campus in Morgantown to the career-oriented programs of WVU Potomac State in Keyser to the technology-intensive programs at WVU Tech in Beckley - the contributions of WVU employees directly impact the 1.8 million people of West Virginia every day, no matter their role or position.
Service, curiosity, respect, accountability, and appreciation are the core values that unite Mountaineers, inspiring one another to work tirelessly and support others as they seek to reach new heights. After all, when you're a Mountaineer, impossible is just another mountain to climb.
To learn more about West Virginia University, visit go.wvu.edu. View current career opportunities at careers.wvu.edu.
West Virginia University is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer and is the recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender equity. The University values diversity among its faculty, staff, and students, and invites applications from all qualified applicants regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, nationality, genetics, disability, or Veteran status.
Job Posting: Jul 14, 2021
Posting Classification: Classified
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
Benefits Eligible: Yes