Assistant Director, Computer Services and Customer Care
Posting Number: req5995
Department: COM Info Technology Services
Location: UAHS - Tucson
Address: 1501 N. Campbell Avenue, Tucson, AZ 85724 USA
Position HighlightsAs the Assistant Director of Computer Services and Customer Care, you will lead a dynamic and customer service oriented team of IT support specialists and analysts in providing computing and technology support to students, faculty, and staff at the College of Medicine - Tucson, and University of Arizona Health Sciences (UAHS) units and centers. You will be responsible for promoting a proactive and highly responsive support environment, and for ensuring prompt and professional responses to all customer requests. As the leader of the team, you will be responsible for maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction, technical support, and finding ways to measure and improve it.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage and motivate a high caliber, team-oriented Customer Services Team that promotes excellence and rewards results.
- Define and establish schedules, set priorities, provide support and direction, and hold staff accountable to incident handling and performance expectations.
- Lead the implementation of IT service management processes and procedures, and identification of management of services.
- Provide IT support staff operational procedures, technical troubleshooting, and customer service techniques.
- Ensure customer service excellence and timely response/resolution for support request.
- Continually review service provided to end users to ensure they meet agreed service levels and requirements, as well as identify improvements.
- Provide consultation and escalation assistance for difficult or controversial incidents.
- Facilitate the development of strategy, standards, and key performance indicators to ensure the highest effectiveness of the customer services.
- Develop and implement customer services team security solutions to better protect college data, workstations, and network under guidelines from Information Security and Risk Assessment.
- Train, coach, and mentor team members, including bi-weekly one-on-one conversations.
- Establish, document, and implement internal operating procedures.
- Facilitate, communicate, and implement problem resolution strategies to achieve best possible customer service outcomes.
- Prepare and maintain documentation and IT knowledgeable articles for self service content and community support.
- Foster an environment of collaboration and knowledge sharing within COM-IT, Clinical and Basic Sciences Departments, Centers, Administrative Units and UAHS colleagues.
- Resolve customer support issues with clients and escalate issues regarding security breaches, service interruptions, and other critical situations.
- Track and assess the need for process changes based on request trends and make recommendations for improvement.
- Continue to research and implement cutting-edge solutions that coincide with the vision and mission of the college and department.
- Monitor issues, client requests and incidents to identify patterns and work to lessen recurring issues.
- Encourage collaboration, communication, and engagement with technology tools to strengthen relationships between faculty, staff, and students.
- Understand information security best practices and regulatory compliance areas such as HIPAA, FERPA, and PCI, and how they affect the configuration, use and support of information technology resources.
- Participate in collaboration efforts to better computer services for the College with a wide range of constituents and stakeholders.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Minimum of 5 years of related work experience, including 2 years of managerial experience, or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
*Transparency, positive attitude, responsiveness, and open-mindedness. *Ability to be self-motivated, independent, and goal oriented. *Ability to conduct interactions with customers and other team members in a professional manner. *Ability to team-work and collaborate. *Ability to manage time efficiently between long-term project deadlines and unexpected interruptions that require immediate attention. *Ability to multitask, prioritize, and possess strong time management skills. *Skilled in critical thinking and problem-solving. *Skilled in written and verbal communication providing customer service to users having varying levels of technical expertise. *Skilled in analyzing complex computer hardware and software problems and network problems. *Knowledgeable about computer security and safe practices regarding sensitive data. *Thorough working knowledge of computing equipment, hardware/software installation, and networking skills.
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1.0
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Information Technology
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: DOE
Compensation Type: salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)
Career Stream and Level
Type of criminal background check required: Fingerprint criminal background check (security sensitive due to title or department)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
Jerie Schulz | firstname.lastname@example.org
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.