Financial Analyst - All Funds, College of Nursing
Posting Number: req6124
Department: College of Nursing
Location: UAHS - Tucson
Address: 1305 N Martin Ave , Tucson, AZ 85721 USA
Position HighlightsCollege of Nursing business office is seeking applicants for a full-time financial analyst. This position reports to the Assistant Dean of Finance and Administration and performs budgeting and planning, accounting, financial analyses, and financial reporting for all fund types at the college level. Candidates with strong financial analytical skills and communication skills are strongly encouraged to apply.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversees all college accounts (UA side and Foundation side) outside of grants and degree programs;
- Applies college's internal activity-based accounting methods to perform complex accounting activities in these accounts;
- Runs exception reports; provides monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, and annual financial reports/analyses on these accounts against budget/financial targets; interprets financial numbers to provide recommendations to college leadership team;
- Assists with budgeting and planning for activities in these accounts; assists with college wide all-funds planning;
- Responsible for commitment tracking;
- Provides ad-hoc reports as needed
- Serves as back-up for other financial analysts
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through professional level experience required.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience.
*Master's degree in accounting or finance.
*CPA license or pass CPA exams.
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1.0
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Finance
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: $53,946 - $75,869
Compensation Type: salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)
Career Stream and Level
Budget & Financial Analysis
Type of criminal background check required: Fingerprint criminal background check (security sensitive due to job duties)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.