Financial Analyst - Personnel Costs, College of Nursing
Posting Number: req6125
Department: College of Nursing
Location: UAHS - Tucson
Address: 1305 N Martin Ave , Tucson, AZ 85721 USA
Position HighlightsCollege of Nursing business office is seeking applicants for a full-time financial analyst. This position reports to the Assistant Dean of Finance and Administration and performs complex personnel cost analyses for various programs/activities to support decision making, and maintains the activity-based accounting system for personnel costs. Candidates with strong financial analytical skills and communication skills are strongly encouraged to apply.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs complex personnel cost analyses for various programs/activities to support decision making and help manage hiring plans (below are a few examples);
- Participates in personnel planning during program development stage; after program launches, runs regular personnel cost reports and meets with program director to help manage staffing plan;
- Provides regular reports on variable personnel costs such as on-call faculty, hourly paid staff, student workers, and supplemental compensation; provides recommendations to college leadership team;
- Leads summer supplemental compensation process;
- Ensures college compliance of all payroll/compensation related policies; responsible for personnel related external reports;
- Maintains college's internal activity-based accounting system for personnel costs.Initiates or approves related HR transactions and financial transactions;
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent advanced Leaning attained through professional level experience required.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience.
*Master's degree in accounting or finance,
*CPA license or pass CPA exams
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1.0
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Finance
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: $53,946 - $75,896
Compensation Type: salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)
Career Stream and Level
Budget & Financial Analysis
Type of criminal background check required: Fingerprint criminal background check (security sensitive due to title or department)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.