Secretary II, Technical
Provides secretarial assistance to Patient Advocate to support the Health Services in their mission to provide quality of direct and indirect clinical care to the Harvard community. Facilitates patient access to the Patient Advocate Office by functioning as a collaborative team member who communicates effectively and continuously strives to support patients and their advocacy needs. Provides general secretarial and administrative support to the Patient Advocate Department. Offers patient-facing assistance by supporting and providing receptionist duties at the Reception Desk when required. Performs all duties in accordance with unit policies and procedures. May provide other administrative duties such as filing, data entry, and general correspondence as required.Job-Specific Responsibilities
- Provides secretarial and administrative assistance to Patient Advocate and Reception.
- Maintains and updates all computerized Reception Staff and Patient Advocate orientation materials.
- Arranges patient appointments, transcribes highly confidential correspondence, and memos, as well as minutes, schedules, etc.
- Manages Patient Advocates Outlook schedule and coordinates patient appointments and meetings with UHS staff and other University offices.
- Performs and maintains data entry of all Patient Advocate contact sheets and compiles the Patient Advocate reports in a timely manner.
- Provides support for Patient Advocate reporting, surveys, and other tools measuring Patient Feedback.
- Provides back up to the Interpreter requests for appropriate coverage.
- Performs and maintains data entry of applicants for HUHS funding assistance programs as needed.
- Maintains intake of Patient Advocate points of contact via phone and in-person if needed.
- Assists with desk coverage for front desk reception.
- Provides a variety of patient-centered services, communicating with patients in person and on the telephone and relaying messages between the patient and Patient Advocate.
- Follows department policies and procedures for communicating and organizing information and carrying out protocols.
- Carries out proper procedure for reporting faulty equipment.
- Orders office supplies.
- Attends staff meetings and educational offerings required by the department.
- Provides coverage to other areas as necessary.
- Participates in special projects and performs other related duties as required.
- Adheres to the expectations and professional responsibilities of the department.
- Employs the standards, practices, and procedures of the department.
- Completes and complies with HUHS training requirements including HIPAA Privacy and Security.
- Reports non-compliance incidents to the supervisor, manager, and/or Compliance Officer.
Business or secretarial school training. High school diploma or GEDAdditional Qualifications and Skills
Patient service experience. Excellent interpersonal, customer service, organizational and secretarial skills, and Microsoft Office Transcription experienceJob Function
USA - MA - Cambridge
403024 Secretary II, Technical
55 - Hvd Union Cler & Tech Workers
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.