The Office of Communications at Harvard Law School (HLS) performs a variety of communications functions for HLS. This includes producing and sharing informative, engaging content and communications through a variety of mediums and providing strategic guidance, online support, media relations, publicity assistance, graphic design, photography, and other services. As an integral member of the Harvard Law School Office of Communications, the Administrative Assistant performs a range of administrative duties in support of this dynamic department and its operations.Job-Specific Responsibilities
As an Administrative Assistant you will:
- Assist the Associate Dean for Communications and Public Affairs with a variety of administrative activities, including scheduling, meeting support, and occasional special projects.
- Process payments, reimbursements and other financial transactionsfor the department, troubleshooting issues as needed.
- Coordinate vendor and temporary employee administrative processes.
- Prepare mailing lists in coordination with Alumni Affairs; work with external vendors to ensure timely delivery and distribution.
- Performgeneral officesupport (purchasing supplies, maintainingoffice equipment, fielding department inquiries,etc.).
- Review news coverage and prepare for publication a daily digest of news clips.
- Support the incorporation of new university policies into the department's administrative operations as they arise.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in office administration or related field(business environmentand/orcustomer service). Education beyond high school may count toward experience.
We are looking for people who have:
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal) and ability to interact professionally and courteously with a diverse range of personalities and styles
- Strong problem-solving and organizational skills, attention to detail and accuracy; and ability to prioritize
- Sound judgment and an ability to handle confidential materials and information with discretion
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision as well as collaboratively as part of a team; positive attitude
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel
- Talent to learn new technology; experience with ORACLE or other online financial systems a plus.
All offers to be made by HLS Human Resources.
Be a part of excellence and leadership in legal education and scholarship at Harvard Law School. We are a community of talented people from diverse backgrounds, lived experiences, and perspectives, dedicated to advancing the cause of justice all over the world. We value our differences and our diversity as a source of strength. We are committed to developing and inspiring our students and our workforce. Whoever you are, whatever you do, however you do it, Harvard Law School is a place where you can thrive.
USA - MA - Cambridge
403033 Staff Assistant III
55 - Hvd Union Cler & Tech Workers
17.5h per week; schedule can be somewhat flexible within standard business hours M-F 9a-5p
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.