Financial Aid Officer
Student Financial Services aims to offer the highest level of customer service while providing a positive, supportive work environment with an emphasis on teamwork. This Financial AidOfficer will focus ontwo unique financial aid programs forloan repayment assistance and summer fundingfor students in the Juris Doctor (J.D.) degree program.The Officerperforms need analysis, as well as awarding and counseling of J.D. students and alumni across Harvard Law School's. Incumbent will also represent HLS Student Financial Services at various internal and external meetings, as well as participate in school and university committees.Follow the links to learn more abouttheLow Income Protection Program(LIPP) and theSummer Public Interest Funding Program(SPIF).
As the Financial AidOfficeryou will:
Manage theinternal and externalfellowshipprocessincludingcollaborationwith theHLS Development Office to identify recipientsof LIPP and SPIF funding
Participate inallinternal policy setting and policydocumentationtosupport and improve office operations and processes
- Evaluate and analyze financial information submitted by applicants, ensuring data is accurate and compliant, and process awards
- Conduct needs analysis and prepare financial aid awards for students, review appeals for applicants requesting additional financial assistance
- Counsel prospective and current students, and families, on financial planning and financial assistance
- Responsible for event preparation and presentations such as entrance and exit counseling sessions, budgeting and debt workshops, admissions open houses, student orientation
- Prepare analysis and projection of financial aid funds
- Collaborate on the development and editing of publications, financial aid forms, general student correspondence, website content
- Interpret and administer admissions and financial aid policies for applicants and staff
- Ensure compliance with federal, state and institutional financial aid requirements and auditing standards
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience required
- Minimum of 3 years' relevant work experience
We are looking for people who have:
Experience within a customer driven work setting
Knowledge of applicable Federal student aid regulations
Excellent analytical abilitieswith effectivewritten and oral communication skills
Attention to detail, accuracy and ability to managea demanding workload in a collaborative team oriented environment
Sound independent judgment
Experience managing complex processesin a technological-driven environment
Proficiency inExceland web-based data management tools
All offers to be made by HLS Human Resources.
Be a part of excellence and leadership in legal education and scholarship at Harvard Law School. We are a community of talented people from diverse backgrounds, lived experiences, and perspectives, dedicated to advancing the cause of justice all over the world. We value our differences and our diversity as a source of strength. We are committed to developing and inspiring our students and our workforce. Whoever you are, whatever you do, however you do it, Harvard Law School is a place where you can thrive.
Faculty & Student Services
USA - MA - Cambridge
S0156P FSS Financial Aid Officer II
Student Financial Services
00 - Non Union, Exempt or Temporary
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.