Program Coordinator, Continuing Professional Education
The Harvard School of Dental Medicine's Continuing Professional Education (CPE) program offers exceptional educational experiences for oral and dental health care professionals and colleagues in other health professions. Led by expert clinicians, scientists and educators, our interdisciplinary portfolio of courses includes topics in clinical dentistry and oral health education, basic and translational science, global and community health, and policy and leadership. Our CPE promotes diversity and inclusion through its faculty and a curriculum that addresses worldwide dental, oral and craniofacial healthcare issues.Job-Specific Responsibilities
Reporting to the Director of CPE, the Program Coordinator manages the day-to-day functioning of live, online/enduring, and regularly scheduled CPE series and activities and contributes to long-term development of the Program -using judgment and escalating issues as appropriate. Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Plans, organizes, and executes all logistics related to events managed by CPE office, including: lecture room reservation, negotiating with outside venues, hotels, caterers and vendors, making recommendations for food and activities for participants; assigns and coordinates classroom, AV and other facilities on behalf of the program; supporting program delivery and working with lecturers and registrants ahead of and on program days.
- Organize and execute online, in-person and hybrid educational courses.
- Communicate regularly with key program stakeholders, including course directors, prospective and enrolled participants, and members across HSDM, to ensure all aspects of the continuing professional education experience are met.
- Gathers and maintains data for and assists in preparing post-program review reports, using Qualtrics, Google forms and other survey tools; prepare statistics and reports on program participation, marketing responses, budget, and evaluations; responsible for keeping current program participant and webinar data
- Expected to effectively speak about and assist in selling open enrollment offerings to prospective learners, by answering calls to the department line and via prospective sales outreach. Familiar with using social media sites to recruit potential course participants.
- Reviews, prepares, and submits invoices for payment, resolves billing discrepancies, maintains and develops vendor relationships.
- Coordinates and is responsible for the faculty payment process, including ensuring timely and consistent payments.
- Establishes best practices for processes including: honoraria, registration fees, invoices, etc., in line with OEE deadlines and requirements
- Ensure compliance with both internal HSDM CPE policies and procedures and American Dental Association Continuing Education Recognition Program (ADA CERP) standards. This includes, but is not limited to, understanding and communicating all policies, procedures and expectations to prospective course directors and their administrative staff, reviewing course proposals for completeness and consistency, maintaining accurate and comprehensive course records, and producing necessary documentation for various components of the CPE program.
- Maintains CPE website with comprehensive department/program news and information.
- Meet with the CPE committee on regular basis to improve course offering and contents.
- Use Cvent and other similar online course registration websites for course registration and evaluation.
Minimum 3 years of related experience in program, event management, and customer service. Education beyond high school may count toward experience.Additional Qualifications and Skills
- Excellent organizational skills with particular ability to prioritize work in an environment with multiple and conflicting interests.
- Proven project and/or program management skills. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision. Ability to handle complex and confidential information with discretion.
- Proficiency or familiarity with using a variety of software including Microsoft Office Suite applications, Adobe Suite, FileMaker or other databases. Familiarity with Cvent and social media platforms is a plus.
- Attention to detail, accuracy and accountability is necessary.
- Must be able to work outside standard business hours as required for program delivery.
- Be willing to travel and/or coordinate travel for national and international programs.
Work is performed in an office setting.
Harvard will require COVID vaccination for all Harvard community members who will have any on-campus presence.Individuals may claim exemption from the vaccine requirement for medical or religious reasons. More information regarding the University's COVID vaccination requirement and exceptions may be found at the University's "COVID-19 Vaccine Information" webpage: http://www.harvard.edu/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine-information/
The Harvard School of Dental Medicine values diversity among its faculty, staff, and students, is strongly committed to building a culturally diverse intellectual community, and strongly encourages applications from women and minorities.
The Harvard School of Dental Medicine reserves the right to add or change duties as dictated by business needs.
Harvard School of Dental Medicine is not able to provide visa sponsorship for this opportunity.Job Function
USA - MA - Boston
403134 Coordinator I
Office of Dental Education
55 - Hvd Union Cler & Tech Workers
Credit, Criminal, Education, Identity
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.