Adjunct Faculty - Public Speaking
Pace University, located in downtown Manhattan, is seeking part-time adjunct instructor(s) with teaching or professional experience in Public Speaking for its Department of Communication Studies.
- Introduce students to the principles and application of speaking effectively to diverse audiences in a variety of settings. Focus is on topic selection, organization, analysis of research, and delivery.
- Maintain a positive, safe, student-centric learning environment for a diverse student body.
- Prepare student-centered learning plans, materials, and learning activities for students to achieve learning outcomes.
- Facilitate organized, engaging classes based on course objectives and course curriculum.
- Assess student learning using appropriate methods and provide substantive feedback to students and monitors and evaluates student progress.
- Grade assignments and post grades through the learning management system for the course
- M.A., M.S., or Ph.D. in Communication Studies or related field from an accredited institution of higher education.
- Experience teaching at the undergraduate level desired.
Please apply at: https://careers.pace.edu/postings/18207
About the Pace University
Ranked in the top 9% of private US colleges that provide the best return on tuition investment, Pace University transforms the lives of its diverse students—academically, professionally, and socioeconomically. Currently, the University enrolls more than 13,000 students in more than 150 bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral programs. Pace University is at the forefront of creating opportunity. Through the convergence of strong academics, experiential learning, and dedicated advising, Pace University empowers its students and positively impacts its communities.
Pace University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and people of all gender identities are encouraged to apply.
Annual Security Report Notice
Pace is committed to ensuring the safety and security of the students, faculty, staff and visitors to the University. In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the University’s Safety and Security department publishes an Annual Security and Fire Safety Report. The report contains information on security policies as well as crime and fire statistics for the University.