Host/Cashier-The Penn Stater
Job Number: REQ_0000016658
CURRENT EMPLOYEES OR STUDENTS:
If you are a current employee (faculty, staff, technical service, or student) at Penn State, please login to Workday to complete the internal application process. If you are a current student at Penn State and seeking employment with Penn State, please login to Workday to complete the student application process.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
The Penn Stater Hotel & Conference Centre is seeking candidates for its part-time Host/Cashier position.
- Deliver quality service and correspond witha diverse customer base
- Greet and seat guests according to reservation requests and in proper server rotation while also being able to meet the guest's requests for special seating
- Awareness of shift activity
- Answer phones to assist guests, accept reservation requests, and take room service orders
- Respondto routine guest questions and needs or refer to other departments as appropriate
- Process a variety of financialtransactions and maintain inventories
- Operatevarious equipment and computer systems
- Reportunusual situations or concerns to appropriate management
- Providegeneralsupport services to restaurant office
This position will serve and interact with guests at The Penn Stater. The successful candidate will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and will give top priority to guest satisfaction. This position requires working on your feet for an extended period of time. Work hours are various, and include some weekends and holidays.
Penn State is committed to and accountable for advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in all of its forms. We embrace individual uniqueness, foster a culture of inclusion that supports both broad and specific diversity initiatives, leverage the educational and institutional benefits of diversity, and engage all individuals to help them thrive. We value inclusion as a core strength and an essential element of our public service mission.