Restaurant Supervisor-The Penn Stater
Job Number: REQ_0000016574
CURRENT EMPLOYEES OR STUDENTS:
If you are a current employee (faculty, staff, technical service, or student) at Penn State, please login to Workday to complete the internal application process. If you are a current student at Penn State and seeking employment with Penn State, please login to Workday to complete the student application process.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
Hospitality Services: The Gardens Restaurant at the Penn Stater Hotel and Conference Center is seeking candidates for its Restaurant Supervisor position.
- Floor management/supervision of meals, special events and room service
- Opening and closing duties
- Interacting with guests and other departments regularly
- Assisting staff in the smooth execution of flawless customer service
- Leading team briefings
- Monitoring and documenting employee performance
- Managing line staff
- Training staff in proper procedures and acting as a role model for guest service standards.
- Assisting the Manager with scheduling employees for required training sessions
- Maintaining a clean, safe and comfortable environment for guests and staff, and taking corrective action to resolve any issues
- Managing Micros and banking operations, reservations, and sales reports
- Assisting the Culinary Staff in expediting food orders and buffet items
- Supervising the monitoring of temperatures of buffet items and taking corrective actions if needed
- Ensuring security of liquor inventory while on duty
- Monitoring staff in the sale and service of alcoholic beverages
- Performing all necessary duties as assigned by the Manager for the smooth operation of the restaurant.
The successful candidate must be self-motivated, reliable, have excellent communication and interpersonal skills. The ideal candidate will be proficient in all line-level restaurant and bar duties. Prior server/trainer/leadership experience is highly preferred. This position requires working on your feet for an extended period of time. Work hours are various, and include some weekends and holidays.
Penn State is committed to and accountable for advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in all of its forms. We embrace individual uniqueness, foster a culture of inclusion that supports both broad and specific diversity initiatives, leverage the educational and institutional benefits of diversity, and engage all individuals to help them thrive. We value inclusion as a core strength and an essential element of our public service mission.