Location: New Orleans, LA
Under supervision from the Chief Operating Engineer, operates all power plant equipment including remote auxiliaries, chillers, pumps, compressors, boilers and other mechanical equipment during assigned shift. Assists in supervising the personnel in the Power Plant.
This is an Essential Personnel position, which can require that the incumbent must report for duty and work through emergencies, and can be designated by the supervisor as essential for the accomplishment of work, or for the completion of a critical task.Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to work all shifts as needed, including holidays, weekends, and vacation/sick relief and during hurricanes
- Mechanical skills
- Ability to work with computerized energy management systems
- Good communication skills and ability to have good judgment
- Physical ability to perform all duties associated with this job
- Ability to show initiative and drive in job performance
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Valid second-class air conditioning or refrigeration license and second-class steam boilers license as issued by the City in which the incumbent will be working
- Supervisory experience
This position is assigned to pay grade T3.24. Tulane offers a variety of options to enhance your health and well-being so that
you may enjoy more out of life now and in the future. Learn more about Life at Tulane
as well as our Benefits and Pay. See our
Candidate Resources to learn more about our hiring process and what to expect.
How to Apply:
Click "Apply Now" to apply for this job.
This position will close onthe date it is filled
Tulane University is an EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Applications by members of all underrepresented groups are encouraged.