Secretary - Job Accommodation Network
The Job Accommodation Network (JAN) withWest Virginia University is seeking applications for a temporary Secretary.This position provides support to both external and internal customers of the Job Accommodation Network (JAN) by receiving and appropriately processing customer requests. Incumbent performs various office support duties in support of core business operations.
In order to be successful in this position, the ideal candidate will handle:
- Routing calls, emails, and internet chat appropriately, documenting messages, parceling requests to the appropriate JAN staff, mailing/emailing information to customers, or calling individuals to determine the next appropriate step.
- Creating and maintaining entries into the JAN information system.
- Assisting with the preparation of consultants for external training.
- Supporting webcast trainings by entering and maintaining registrations in JEMS system.
- Assisting in maintaining JAN Enews email listing by entering and maintaining registrations in JEMS systems.
Length of Assignment: 8 months
Work Hours: 37.5 hours/week
Pay Grade: 8
- Associate's degree in medical technology, human resources or a related field OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Two (2) years of customer service experience.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, designing forms and other office procedures and terminology.
- Skilled in active listening which includes giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interruption at inappropriate times.
- Skilled in service orientation by actively looking for ways to help people.
- Skilled in critical thinking by using logic and reasoning to identify strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Skilled in social perceptiveness by being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Skilled in monitoring and assessing the performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Strong oral and written communication skills to interact with a diverse constituency.
- Skilled in systematically prioritizing service demands in high stress situations.
- Must be proficient with moving, saving, and retrieving files in various types of programs.
- Must be highly detail oriented to ensure information is entered correctly into the JAN information technology system with perfect accuracy.
At West Virginia University, we leverage our talents and resources to create a better future for our state and the world. As West Virginia's land-grant university, WVU has three campuses that touch each corner of the state. The WVU System includes 518 buildings on 15,880 acres, Extension Service offices in all 55 counties, ten experimental farms and four forests.
From the groundbreaking R1 research of our flagship campus in Morgantown to the career-oriented programs of WVU Potomac State in Keyser to the technology-intensive programs at WVU Tech in Beckley - the contributions of WVU employees directly impact the 1.8 million people of West Virginia every day, no matter their role or position.
Service, curiosity, respect, accountability, and appreciation are the core values that unite Mountaineers, inspiring one another to work tirelessly and support others as they seek to reach new heights. After all, when you're a Mountaineer, impossible is just another mountain to climb.
To learn more about West Virginia University, visitgo.wvu.edu. View current career opportunities atcareers.wvu.edu.
West Virginia University is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer and is the recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender equity. The University values diversity among its faculty, staff, and students, and invites applications from all qualified applicants regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, nationality, genetics, disability, or Veteran status.
Job Posting: Jul 26, 2021
Posting Classification: Temporary
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
Benefits Eligible: No