Posting Number: req5802
Department: ALVSCE Administration
Location: Main Campus
Address: Tucson, AZ USA
Position HighlightsThis is a key position in ALVSCE (Division of Agriculture and Life and Veterinary Sciences and Cooperative Extension) Division Business Services (DBS) in providing seamless and efficient interface between the Division and the business community. This includes working with Institutional partners within the University of Arizona. The Administrative Associate (Administrative Support Professional I) will exercise discretion and independent judgment in managing the administrative functions for entire Division Business Services Team and serve as a resource to the ALVSCE community. Respond to questions from faculty, staff, students, alumni, stakeholders, outside agencies, and the public as a front-line ALVSCE ambassador.
Routinely collaborates with:
* ALVSCE/VP Dean and Associate Deans, department heads and directors, department managers, faculty, and business support staff.
* University administrative staff in the institutional support offices.
* Alumni, donors, and CALS advisory board members.
* Federal and state administrative staff and legislative liaisons.
The successful candidate will be expected to work Monday through Friday 8 am to 5 pm, and in person, contingent upon COVID-19 precaution and changes.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for the coordination of operations for the DBS office including assisting with workload prioritization to meet the needs of the team.
- Planning, scheduling, and coordinating business meetings; managing calendars to include master team calendars; composing correspondence; and coordinating travel. Duties include scheduling, agenda, meeting notification, distribution of handouts and presentation materials, and media coordination.
- Coordination with Facilities Management on all issues pertaining to building access, maintenance and special work requests.
- Manage equipment disposal process with Surplus Property.
- Other administrative duties as assigned, such as campus mail distribution within Forbes Building and delivering time sensitive documents across campus.
- Supervise student office employee(s) and oversee administrative duties for DBS.
- Maintain master filing system for DBS unit including structure of data on the shared server and printed files as well as a systematic process for file retention and disposal following all University and state guidelines.
- Administrative and transactional support to DBS and Cyber and Communication Technologies (CCT) Teams including reconciliation of PCard transactions and statements, Travel Authorizations, and Disbursement Vouchers.
- Initiate expenditure requests for administrative and operational needs.
- Participate in meetings and conferences pertinent to area of responsibility.
- Responsible for processing donations and contributions in collaboration with CALS Development Office.
- Manage DBS website content including updating with relevant changes and communications.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent Team player
- Professional demeanor
- Curiosity for how this role works with others in the division
- Dedicated to learning and growing in the administrative role
- Must always maintain confidentiality, dealing with sensitive information
- Excellent time management skills to deal with competing projects and prioritizing as the business dictates
- Bachelor's degree in Business or or equivalent advanced learning attained through experience required.
- One (1) year of relevant work experience required.
- Experience in Microsoft Office Suite software including Excel, Word, and Power Point.
- Experience with maintaining an organizational system that helps track multiple projects and timelines.
- Experience in high level verbal and written communication with a wide degree of audiences.
- Experience with assisting various users/customers with the ability to overcome barriers and meet their needs.
- Experience in providing information and guidance with tact and diplomacy to diverse users at many different experience levels-to both internal and external constituents.
- Experience with professional judgment and independent thinking to solve complex issues.
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1.0
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Organizational Administration
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: DOE
Compensation Type: hourly rate
Career Stream and Level
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
Leah Chavez, Search Committee Chair
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.