Tenure-Track Assistant Professor: Nursing
Full-time tenure-track nursing faculty with current practice and/or teaching expertise. This is a 10 month/year position.
- Teach both theory and clinical practicum courses in the Avila School of Nursing.
- Participate in developing, implementing, and assessing nursing course(s) in a concept based curriculum.
- Create an environment in the classroom and health care agency which facilitates student learning.
- Serve as a professional role model for nursing students.
- Motivate students to think, to question, and to critically analyze.
- Full time faculty will be academically and experientially qualified and maintain expertise in areas of responsibility.
- A Doctoral degree is preferred. Minimum of a master’s degree required.
- Teaching experience desirable, preferably in baccalaureate education.
- Ability to work effectively with others in a wide variety of clinical settings.
- Current undisciplined license to practice professional nursing in Missouri.
- Current undisciplined license to practice professional nursing in Kansas, or willingness to obtain.
Competitive within the Kansas City area.
This is a full-time position, eligible for the usual and customary benefits. Avila University’s comprehensive benefit package includes a generous holiday schedule, tuition remission for employee and dependents, sick leave, retirement benefits and health insurance.
Please send a letter of application and curriculum vitae to: email@example.com.
Avila University is not currently sponsoring or transferring H1B visas. Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States on an unrestricted basis.
Kansas City, a two-state metropolitan area with a population of nearly two million, offers a wide variety of cultural, educational and social life opportunities
Avila University, a Catholic university founded and inspired by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet, provides undergraduate and graduate education in the liberal arts and professional studies, preparing lifelong learners who make meaningful contributions to the global community.