Part Time - Alliance for Education, Science, Engineering and Design with Africa - Administrative Support
Job Number: REQ_0000015383
CURRENT EMPLOYEES OR STUDENTS:
If you are a current employee (faculty, staff, technical service, or student) at Penn State, please login to Workday to complete the internal application process. If you are a current student at Penn State and seeking employment with Penn State, please login to Workday to complete the student application process.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
The Department of Meteorology is seeking a person who will serve as a part-time administrative support for the Alliance for Education, Science, Engineering and Design with Africa (AESEDA). The position requires skills associated with planning and logistics, maintaining the website, organizing seminars and meeting with international colleagues. In addition, assisting in managing Memorandum of Understanding with our partners is necessary, as well as assisting with the center's funding activities.Job Duties
- Maintenance of AESEDA webpage and social media accounts, updated with current news and content.
- Seminar and meeting coordination with the AESEDA leadership group.
- Communication with international institutions including in Africa.
- Assist with the processing of travel.
- Assisting with annual reports for AESEDA.
- Assist with program development.
- Proficient written and oral communication skills.
- Use of Microsoft office products.
- Time, project and budget management skills.
- Web page management skills.
- Knowledge of, or the ability to learn about international research at Penn State and use of social media tools would be essential.
The Pennsylvania State University is committed to and accountable for advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in all of its forms. We embrace individual uniqueness, foster a culture of inclusion that supports both broad and specific diversity initiatives, leverage the educational and institutional benefits of diversity, and engage all individuals to help them thrive. We value inclusion as a core strength and an essential element of our public service mission.