Facilities Management and Services Worker III
Posting Number: req5729
Department: Campus Recreation
Location: Main Campus
Address: Tucson, AZ USA
Oversees the general maintenance of Campus Recreation's assigned areas within the Student Success District and the repair/replacement of the facility equipment and furnishings within those areas. Weekend and evening work may be required. The position reports to the Facility Manager for Campus Recreation.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manages the general maintenance activities within Student Success District and Campus Recreation for the building furniture, property and equipment to include mechanical, electrical, refrigeration, carpentry, painting and other repair and maintenance; secures appropriate staff from outside departments as required for work requests. Coordinates with UA Facilities Management for custodial, maintenance and grounds issues, as well as personnel related to the needs of Campus Recreation's assigned areas.
- Develops and maintains schedules for daily, weekly and annual cleaning and maintenance of Student Success District.
- Assists in the development, implementation, evaluation and coordination of developmental maintenance activities to attain Campus Recreation goals and objectives.
- Monitors condition of facility and reports results to the Facilities Manager.
- Assists the Facility Manager with the facility assessment for Facilities Management, Risk Management, and Planning, Design & Construction.
- Oversees inspections and safety checks of the Student Success District.
- Develops and maintains a positive customer service orientation from assigned staff.
- Assists with the Facility Manager to develop and standardizes specifications and warranties for products, furniture and equipment.
- Plans and develops work/staffing schedules, equipment usage schedules and procedures for work unit; schedules and coordinates work request and acts as a liaison with requesting department.
- Assists the Facility Manager with the schedule of capital equipment replacement for the Student Success District.
- Coordinates warranty-related repair work when necessary.
- Estimates time, material and labor costs for remodeling repairs or other jobs for the Student Success District. Prepares all re-modeling request utilizing proper university channels.
- Monitors progress and cost of on-going projects with the Facilities Manager.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to manage facility maintenance.
- Knowledge of general maintenance principles, practices and techniques.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of supervision.
- Skill in applying general maintenance principles, practices and techniques.
- Ability to effectively communicate both orally and written.
- Knowledge of safety and risk management issues.
- Required to obtain a current Type D driver's license and Ability to drive according to the
University Fleet Safety Policy; along with CPR/AED and First Aid certification within 30 days of employment.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience required.
- High school diploma or equivalent, or equivalent learning attained through experience required.
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1.0
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Facilities, Grounds and Infrastructure
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: $18.26 - $20.19
Compensation Type: hourly rate
Career Stream and Level
Facilities Mgmt & Services
Facil, Grounds, & Infra
Type of criminal background check required: Fingerprint criminal background check (security sensitive due to title or department)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.