Project Manager, Instructional Technology Design, Academic Programs Operations
Founded in 1968 to meet the post-secondary and continuing education needs of Cecil County residents, Cecil College has been serving the community and shaping its future for more than 50 years. The College is governed by a Board of Trustees appointed by the governor. The College’s fifth president, Dr. Mary Way Bolt, reports directly to the Board of Trustees.
Cecil College is centrally located in Maryland’s most northeastern county, just one half mile from Interstate 95. It is easily accessible from Philadelphia and Baltimore, as well as from Wilmington, Delaware.
With a diverse student population, Cecil College enrolls approximately 2,500 credit students and 3,400 non-credit students. Cecil offers associate degrees, certificate programs and non-credit classes. Cecil offers a variety of associate degree and certificate programs.
Through its open admissions policy, Cecil College provides learning opportunities for all who have the desire and ability to benefit from its courses and programs, regardless of age, gender, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, disability, or socioeconomic status.
This is a grant funded position, with an anticipated grant end date of June 30, 2023. However, individuals should be aware that the end date of a grant does not guarantee employment for the duration of the grant. Additionally, the funds for the grant may change based on the regulations of the grant and Cecil College, therefore terminating the grant prior to the anticipated end date. Employment with Cecil College is “at will” and can be terminated by the College at any time, with or without cause or notice.GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Advises, guides, and mentors faculty, staff, and instructors of all credit and non-credit areas of the college, in the design of engaging, functional, and effective instructional materials for all delivery modalities.
- Provides leadership in planning and implementing effective online course design, incorporating instructional standards in the development of courses and curricula and in using technology to deliver courses and programming.
- Develops and conducts training for faculty in instructional design principles and in the effective use of instructional technologies.
- Assists with the operational processes of academic programs including but not limited to credit course schedules, scheduling, and utilization of Learning Management System (LMS).
- Given the need of interaction with employees, students and the college community, this position requires in-person presence. This position is eligible for telework.
- Support faculty and staff in the development of online course offerings, incorporating technology, best practices for online learning, Open Educational Resources (OERs) and Cecil College instructional standards.
- Support Career and Continuing Education (CCE) instructors and staff in developing
- online programming and curriculum for CCE programs.
- Support the utilization of the college’s Learning Management System (LMS) for all courses and programming in the college regardless of delivery modality: face-to-face, online, hybrid or hyflex.
- Collaborate with faculty, chairs and deans and staff in all phases of course development and revision, including ensuring the instructional alignment of all course learning elements (e.g. analysis, objectives, activities, resources, outcomes, evaluation and assessment).
- Demonstrate and applies fundamental concepts of course design and performance support technologies.
- Assist with the implementation of assessment strategies, skill gap analysis, and performance-based assessments to match the learning goals.
- Support the incorporation of and serve as a resource for Quality Matters standards for all courses
- Using national quality standards, such as Quality Matters, evaluate the effectiveness of course materials, and consults with faculty to make improvements.
- Remain current with issues related to the development and delivery of instruction and training and with all components of instructional design including pedagogy, technology and teaching/learning processes.
- Demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of web-based course management systems, and specifically, the College’s supported learning management system (LMS).
- Assist with providing orientation, training, and technological assistance with the LMS.
- Demonstrate proficiency in a variety of software application packages used to develop and deliver courseware.
- Develop and deliver professional development related to best practices in instructional design and technology use in education.
- Research and presents new technologies and their applicability to teaching and learning.
- Prepare reports on program activities for the purposes of evaluation of quality-of-services and cost-benefit analysis.
- Leads the implementation of academic technology initiatives.
- Reinforce and maintain high ethical standards of conduct and procedures to assist in ensuring the security of the College's technology assets and data.
- Provide assistance with grant proposals as needed.
- Supervise interns, work study students, or employees focused on specific educational technology projects.
- Assist Academic Programs administrative support staff with the implementation of operational technologies, such as but not limited to: course schedules, room scheduling, budgeting software, and LMS.
- Serves on committees across the college at the request of the Vice-President.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Adheres to all College policies and procedures.
- Education Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Instructional Design, Instructional Technology or related field; Master’s degree preferred
- Experience Two (2) years work experience in related field.
- Skills Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills and the ability to interact well with colleagues and general public. Aptitude in technology use such as but not limited to: Microsoft office; e-mail; Blackboard ®; Power point ®; and various forms of social media.
- Proficiencies Microsoft Office Suite (Word/Excel/Access/Outlook)
For best consideration, please apply by June 30, 2021.