HR Business Partner
Kennesaw State University
Job ID: 228338
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia
A leader in innovative teaching and learning, Kennesaw State University is one of the 50 largest public institutions in the country. KSU offers more than 150 undergraduate, graduate and doctoral degrees to its more than 41,000 students. With 11 colleges on two metro Atlanta campuses, Kennesaw State is a member of the University System of Georgia and the second-largest university in the state. The university's vibrant campus culture, diverse population, strong global ties, entrepreneurial spirit, and Division I athletics draw students from throughout the region and from 92 countries across the globe. Ranked a top choice for students by U.S. News, Kennesaw State is a Carnegie-designated doctoral research institution (R2), placing it among an elite group of only 6 percent of U.S. colleges and universities with an R1 or R2 status.
Our Kennesaw campus is located at 1000 Chastain Road NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144. Our Marietta campus is located at 1100 South Marietta Parkway, Marietta, GA 30060.
Responsible for executing HR strategy in support of the overall business plan and strategic direction of the university through talent management, performance management, succession planning, change management, training and development and HR technology. Works in partnership with Operations, HR Centers of Excellence and Academic Affairs to provide a high level of service to assigned customers. Coordinates and champions implementation of services, policies and will assist and advise university leaders about HR issues. Provides guidance and leadership to the practices and objectives that will provide an employee-oriented, high performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity and standards, goal attainment and ongoing development of a superior workforce.
- Partners with business unit leadership team to identify, develop and promote programs that meet strategic business objectives
- Functions as a business advisor to the directors of his/her assigned business unit regarding key organizational and management issues including employee relations
- Implements programs that effectively communicate and support the university's vision and mission
- Supports organizational effectiveness through proper alignment of people, processes, structure and culture with business strategies
- Uses Project Management methodologies to drive projects to completion, ensuring projects are completed on time and with high quality. Establishes project objectives, timelines, resource needs, and deliverables. Communicate to stakeholders on status of projects
- Functions as a strategic business advisor to the senior management team to assigned units regarding key organizational and management issues
- Ensures compliance to university and USG policies/procedures as well as with all applicable laws and government regulations
- Partners with TAM to address talent acquisition practices and ensures consistent cultural fit;
- prioritizes open requisitions with TAM team, troubleshoots difficult openings, and assists with
- application of performance based recruitment tools
- Works with HR and operations leaders to assess talent within assigned units and identify gaps and establishes a management succession plan that corresponds to the strategy and objectives of the university
- Enables high performing teams to succeed through application of performance management tools
- Works with HR and business unit leadership to develop comprehensive strategic retention plans to meet the system's human capital needs
- Uses HR technology to provide metrics and measurement tools and analysis to aid senior leadership with strategic decision making and operational management
- Identifies training needs for business units as well as individual director level coaching needs. Work with Learning and Development to deliver appropriate solutions
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education
Five (5) years of experience in a progressively responsible, strategic position in Human Resources
Additional Preferred Qualifications
Current Professional in Human Resources (PHR) or Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR)
Background in organizational leadership management and change management
Background in change management and communication
Ability with project management and process improvement
Preferred Educational Qualifications
Master's degree from an accredited college or university
Experience in higher education setting Experience strategically implementing sophisticated HR related programs and initiatives
Experience working with senior leadership to build consensus around HR strategy and tactics
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Strong working knowledge of local, state and federal employment law
- Familiar with labor legislation
- Able to handle multiple tasks or projects at one time meeting assigned deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem solving, independent judgment, organization, communication (verbal and written), time management, project management and presentation skills
- Strong decision making and team management skills
- Proficient with computer applications and programs associated with the position (i.e. Microsoft Office suite, PeopleSoft)
- Strong attention to detail and follow up skills
- Strong customer service skills and phone and e-mail etiquette
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national origin race religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007. Participant ID: 61415
This is a supervisory position.
This position does not have any financial responsibilities.
No, this position will not be required to drive.
This role is considered a position of trust.
This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position may travel 1% - 24% of the time
This position does not require security clearance.
- Standard Enhanced + Education
All applicants are required to include professional references as part of their application process. Some positions may require additional job-based screenings such as motor vehicle report, credit check, pre-employment drug screening and/or verification of academic credentials.
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=1&JobOpeningId=228338&PostingSeq=1