Adjunct Faculty, Graduate Nursing: Acute Care Nurse Practitioner
Job TitleAdjunct Faculty, Graduate Nursing: Acute Care Nurse Practitioner
Purdue University Global offers term by term, non-tenured teaching appointments to qualified individuals who are dedicated to providing quality educational experiences to students in Associates, Bachelors and Masters degree programs. This position offers an excellent opportunity for individuals to work in a professional learning community wherein faculty contribute to and engage in instructional best practice for adult learners in an innovative, nontraditional university setting.
- Providing a learning environment that supports student success.
- Teaching synchronous or asynchronous seminars as assigned by school or program.
- Development and posting of the class syllabi in the class Message Board.
- Maintaining school-determined virtual office hours per week for each class.
- Ensuring timely management and response to electronic correspondence from students, administrators, and other school officials.
- Leading message board discussions and engaging students in relevant discussion and coursework.
- Partnering with Academic Advisors to address student concerns.
- Maintaining and submitting accurate and timely reports for student grades/progress.
- Delivering mid-term and final grades to the Registrar's Office according to the academic calendar.
- Enforcing student conduct policies as outlined in the University Catalog.
- Attending department and faculty meetings.
- Additional duties as may be assigned by the School
- Doctoral degree (PhD, DNP, EdD) in Nursing from a regionally accredited institution.
- Active unencumbered RN and Advanced Practice Nurse license.
- National Board Certification as an Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (AGACNP).
- Dual certified AGACNP with FNP, PMHNP, WHNP, PNP, or AGPCNP is preferred.
- Two to four years related experience and/or training (online teaching experience is a plus).
- Experience with Brightspace education software is preferred.
- Exceptional computer skills using Microsoft Office applications and adobe connect meeting technology.
- Ability to work effectively in a remote environment with minimal supervision.
Job Functional AreaFaculty
Business UnitBU00115 Purdue University Global, Inc.
Purdue Global is an EEO/AA employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.