Transfer & Adult Admission Counselor
Position Summary :
The Admission Counselor is responsible for the management of recruitment activities related to all assigned programs and/or geographic territories. As a representative of Ohio Dominican University, the Admission Counselor will work to enhance the visibility and growth of the University, both internally and externally. Additionally, as a member of the Admissions team, the successful candidate will play a key role in fostering an already positive, driven and collegial working environment.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities :
- Represent the University to prospective students and the general public with the highest degree of professionalism through an array of outreach programs and activities
- Initiate and maintain relationships with students and staff at community colleges within assigned territory
- In coordination with the Director of Admissions, plan and implement recruitment strategies and activities, including travel, relative to assigned territories
- Utilizes the Salesforce CRM to manage the student enrollment process monitor the communication plan, progress on goals and objectives
- Counsels and advises constituents on a range of admission and enrollment processes
- Maintain a high level of communication with all assigned students and families utilizing phone calls, emails, texting, and on campus visits
- Participate in on-campus visit programs, new student orientations, campus retention programs, and other admission related activities
- Review admission files and possible transfer courses, as appropriate to territory responsibilities
- Assist with new student registration activities and summer orientation
- Utilize effective communication skills with faculty, staff, and students; as well as, all off campus constituents
- Serve on university-wide and departmental committees, as assigned
- Participate in approved professional development programs
- Support, and contribute to, the mission and vision of Ohio Dominican University
- Some evening and weekend hours, as needed
- Evaluate and assess processes and procedures on an annual basis, looking for ways to build upon and improve the services offered
- Other duties as assigned and required
Bachelor's Degree required. Experience in higher education admissions preferred. The candidate must possess excellent interpersonal, organizational, writing, fiscal management, relationship building and presentation skills, and must be able to multi-task. The successful candidate will be committed to helping students achieve success. The ability to have a flexible schedule and to travel is also required.
Additional Information :
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the position. It is, instead, a description of the essential elements of the position.
Ohio Dominican University is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees, as we respect and seek to empower each individual and support the various cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.