Donor Relations Office Coordinator
Function of Position:
Provide general support within Institutional Advancement, assisting Development and Annual Giving with preparation and execution of ongoing donor engagement and stewardship activities and daily operations. Reports to the Associate Director-Institutional Advancement, Prospect Management and Research. Limited evening and/or weekend work for special events or projects required. Incumbent works with students, team members, college employees, donors, and/or guests of the college, treating all with respect.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1) Provide general office support for the Vice President for Institutional Advancement and other Development and Annual Giving staff, as needed.
2) Generate specialized gift acknowledgment correspondence such as employee matching gift, memorial gift, and/or other donor letters (edit letters, generate address lists, utilize mail merge, create envelopes).
3) Provide logistical support and coordination for donor acknowledgment activities and events including Christmas with Wartburg, President’s Round Table, Homecoming, Endowed Chair recognition, and other special events.
a. Schedule and coordinate meetings with staff and/or external constituents.
b. Prepare correspondence/invitations/mailings.
c. Track RSVP’s and guest lists.
d. Arrange meeting areas and hospitality needs.
e. Assist with travel/lodging arrangements.
f. Order donor plaques or medals, as appropriate.
g. Create nametags, seating charts, place cards, etc.
h. Coordinate meal counts and dietary needs with Dining Services.
i. Provide hosting services.
j. Setup/teardown during events.
k. Collaborate with other divisions, staff, or constituents as needed.
4) Assist with activities specifically related to Annual Giving/Tower Society stewardship and donor recognition.
a. Prepare welcome packet information with certificates and envelopes to send to members.
b. Prepare and mail end of year benefits.
c. Collaborate on printing lists and annual plaques for Tower Society and other giving recognition.
5) Help develop and distribute monthly thank you letters for major gift donors.
6) Assist with the production and distribution of large mailings and other special project communications (such as scholarship thank you’s, faculty/staff appeal).
7) Create and distribute various constituent information reports.
8) Assist with volunteer leadership tracking in collaboration with the President’s Office.
9) Prepare payment vouchers, credit card expenses, budget information, sponsorship invoices, and other materials as requested.
10) Welcome and greet donors, alumni, students, and staff; receive guests to the Institutional Advancement office, provide directions, escort visitors on campus.
11) Open, sort, and distribute mail.
12) Answer phones; receive and respond to constituents’ requests for information, field questions, take messages, transfer calls.
13) Support other Institutional Advancement projects as needed, providing collaboration or backup to other Office Coordinators.
14) Schedule meetings, reserve rooms, maintain calendars.
15) Perform other related duties as assigned, including potentially supervising student employees.
Definite objectives are set up for the employee by the supervisor, requiring the use of a wide range of procedures. The employee plans and arranges his/her own work and refers only unusual cases to the supervisor.
Requires knowledge equivalent to an Associate's Degree plus two years of related experience; proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, OneNote); strong writing, editing, and verbal communication skills; attention to detail and accuracy; aptitude for utilizing a comprehensive constituent database, online tools, and other software/technology resources; ability to collaborate in a team environment; capable of organizing and prioritizing multiple work assignments; ability to contribute to the cultivation of positive relationships on behalf of the college; ability to maintain confidentiality standards in safeguarding donor information/records; appreciation for the liberal arts college environment and mission of Wartburg.
Send letter of interest including a statement regarding qualities within the context of the Wartburg College mission, résumé, and contact information for three references electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org. See www.wartburg.edu for further information about the college. Screening begins immediately and continues until position is filled.