The University of Arkansas Community College at Batesville (UACCB) is a proud member of the University of Arkansas System.? The University of Arkansas System is comprised of land-grant research institutions, a teaching hospital, seven community colleges, two schools of law, a presidential school, a residential math and science high school, a collaborative change institute, and an online university, as well as divisions of agriculture, archaeology, and criminal justice. These entities exhibit unmatched economic and social impact across the state by providing numerous academic and professional opportunities. Below you will find the details for the position currently available at UACCB including any supplementary documentation and questions you should review before applying for the opening.? To apply for the position, please click the Apply button located here:? https://uasys.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/UASYS/job/Batesville/Chancellor_R0003712
Below you will find the details for the position including any supplementary documentation and questions you should review before applying for the opening.?
If you have a disability and need assistance with the hiring process, please submit a request to Cheryle Gunther via email at:? firstname.lastname@example.org?or by phone at (870) 612-2004.?? Applicants are required to submit a separate request for each position for which they have applied.
For general application assistance or if you have questions about this specific job posting, please contact Cheryle Gunther via email at:? email@example.com?or by phone at (870) 612-2004.
UA System Campuses
Summary of Job Duties:
The President and Board of Trustees of the University of Arkansas System invite letters of application and letters of nomination for the position of Chancellor of the University of Arkansas Community College at Batesville. The Chancellor is the chief executive officer and external representative of the institution and is responsible to the President of the University of Arkansas System. The Chancellor exercises broad responsibilities for all aspects of the academic, financial, student, and administrative dimensions of institutional operations, initiatives, and outcomes to ensure that UACCB attains the mandates of its mission.
The two-year college is the unique American contribution to higher education, and the University of Arkansas Community College at Batesville has played an important part in this movement by providing access to education for the people of north central Arkansas since 1991, when it was reorganized as Gateway Technical College.
Among the 14 vocational-technical schools converted into technical colleges and university branch campuses by an act of the Arkansas legislature, UACCB endeavors to provide quality Technical Certificate and Associate of Applied Science degree programs in occupational technical areas, a college parallel transfer curriculum including Associate of Arts and Associate of Science degrees, customized training for business and industry, continuing education programs for life-long learning and personal enrichment, and adult education.
For more detailed information about UACCB, our region, our mission and the chancellor's search, please visit https://chancellorsearchuaccb.com.
- Demonstrated leadership skills in an academic environment and senior experience in the administration of an institution of higher education.??
- Leadership and management experience in significant public or private sector engagement.?
- UACCB's next leader should be an individual with the courage to innovate and a commitment to fulfill the institution's mission of expanded service.
- A master's degree from an accredited institution.
- Doctoral degree is preferred but not required with demonstrated, exceptional leadership experience.?
- Senior experience in the administration of a college or university, including a record of academic accomplishment and of increasingly complex administrative responsibility in higher education.
- Demonstrated understanding of and a commitment to a community college mission with priorities on transfer academic programs; career, professional, and technical education; and workforce and community education as key components of economic and workforce development.
- Well-developed communication skills including a demonstrated ability to work successfully with colleagues and collaboratively with faculty and staff in the shared governance tradition of the institution.
- The ability to think strategically, build consensus, and engage faculty, staff, and administration in collegial and constructive decision-making to enhance student life and learning for both traditional and non-traditional students.
- The ability to be an effective institutional advocate to a broad range of constituents and to work effectively with local, state and national leaders and policy makers.
- The ability to lead an advancement effort in raising funds and building friends for the future of the institution, with an enthusiasm for fundraising and the willingness to make it a priority.
- Personal engagement on campus with students and student life and active involvement in the social and economic life of the community.
- A record of civic involvement and a commitment to work collaboratively with educational partnerships, business leaders and the community to carry out the mission of the institution.
- A commitment to and successful experience in forming focused and sustained partnerships with business/industry and other agencies in the community for the purposes of economic and workforce development.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, vision, integrity, and the ability to identify and build on the strengths of a successful and growing institution and to serve as its champion.
- Knowledge and skills related to the accreditation process.
Desired Characteristics and Traits
- An individual with a deep understanding of and passion for the community college mission.
- A leader who possesses an understanding of the legislative process and can work effectively with legislators on statewide and local policy initiatives.?
- A leader who has demonstrated fiscal responsibility, as well as strength in managing a budget.?
- A forward-thinking leader who is innovative, creative, and resourceful.?
- A leader who is student-focused and will question how decisions affect students.?
- An individual who reaffirms community relations, exhibits community-mindedness and involvement, and is willing to maintain a strong public presence at community events.?
- An individual with the willingness to understanding the importance of north central Arkansas and who is committed to growing our region and calling Arkansas home.?
- An individual with a proven track record of advocacy and support for technical/career education, academic programs, and workforce training.?
- An individual who is highly visible on campus and maintains an interactive relationship with employees and students.?
- An individual with teaching and/or senior leadership experience in a community college setting.?
- A leader who is a data-driven decision maker who possesses a strong business acumen.?
- An individual noted for integrity, honesty, and tact in personal and professional interactions.?
- A leader with a team mentality who values, includes, and inspires employees.?
- An individual who is personable, caring, and has a congenial sense of humor.?
- An individual who encourages faculty and staff to participate in professional growth opportunities.?
- An individual who is both sensitive to and committed to ethnic, cultural, and social diversity and inclusion.?
- A leader who responds to local and regional industry and community needs and forms collaborative partnerships.?
- A leader with experience with fundraising, securing donations, and financial support.?
Search Committee Page Link:? https://chancellorsearchuaccb.com
Salary:? Commensurate with education and/or experience
Documents Needed To Apply:
To be considered, applicants will need to submit:
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Curriculum vitae
- A list of five professional references (name, title, email address, and contact number)
- Potential applicants may be nominated as outlined below in the Special Instruction
- Proof of Veterans (if applicable)
Letters of nomination and/or recommendation should be sent by the nominator to the search committee at firstname.lastname@example.org and should include full name and address of the proposed candidate and should be in a PDF format.
Applications will be accepted until September 9, 2021.
Recruitment Contact Information:
Cheryle Gunther, UACCB Executive Assistant to Search
All application materials must be uploaded to the University of Arkansas career site.
Instructions for uploading:
- Click "Apply" at this link? https://uasys.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/UASYS/job/Batesville/Chancellor_R0003712
- Create an account
- Upload application materials
Pre-employment Screening Requirements:
Criminal Background Check, Financial Credit Check, Sex Offender Registry
The University of Arkansas Community College at Batesville (UACCB) is committed to providing a safe campus community. We conduct background checks for applicants being considered for employment. Background checks include a criminal background check, sex offender registry check, and drug screen. For certain positions, there may also be a financial (credit) background check and/or a Motor Vehicle Registry (MVR) check.? A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication or adverse financial history information alone shall not disqualify an applicant in the absence of a relationship to the requirements of the position. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
The University of Arkansas is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution. The university welcomes applications without regard to age, race, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, disability, religion, marital or parental status, protected veteran status, military service, genetic information, sexual orientation or gender identity. Persons must have proof of legal authority to work in the United States on the first day of employment. All applicant information is subject to public disclosure under the Arkansas Freedom of Information Act.
Constant Physical Activity:
Frequent Physical Activity:
Hearing, Sitting, Talking, Walking, Driving