Posting Number: 9001373
Position Type: Full-Time
Department: Public Safety
With minimal supervision, a Police Officer for the campuses of the North Central Texas College Police Department is responsible for the protection of life and property on the campus and any properties under the care, custody, and control of the College. During patrol duty, the Police Officer will respond to emergencies, enforce motor vehicle and criminal laws, respond to requests for assistance, investigate suspicious persons and situations, safety hazards, and unusual or illegal activity. A Police Officer will interact frequently with members of the college community in order to meet their expectations and may be called upon to work with other organizations and persons, internal and external to the North Central Texas Police Department, to coordinate smooth and effective operations and events.
High School Diploma or GED
Required Skills & Abilities
- Effective verbal and written communication skills including group presentations, and report preparation.
- A thorough understanding and knowledge of community policing, crime prevention, and customer service as strategies utilized to achieve community awareness and partnerships in maintaining a safe environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge and uniform, consistent, and equitable application of the Texas penal and traffic laws.
- Ability to effectively operate various communications and data storage devices.
- Ability to deal effectively with pressures from diverse constituencies within and external to the college community.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and in highly stressful and dangerous situations.
- Motivation and persistence.
- Good situational judgment.
- Ability to learn new information.
Preferred Skills & Abilities
- A comprehensive understanding of university or higher education culture preferred.
- Ability to develop positive and productive working relationships with students, faculty, and staff preferred.
- No experience required
- Prior law enforcement experience preferred.
- Experience in a school setting highly desirable.
Closing Date: 06/22/2021
Special Instructions to Applicants
Subject to criminal background check.
North Central Texas College ("NCTC") is an equal opportunity employer. NCTC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or gender, national origin, disability, age, genetics, equal pay, or any other legally protected characteristic. NCTC prohibits harassment on the basis of a legally protected characteristic and/or retaliation for reporting a complaint.