Director of Global Diversity and Inclusion - Vincennes, IN 47591
Director of Global Diversity and Inclusion – Vincennes, IN
The Director of Global Diversity and Inclusion is responsible for all aspects of management and oversight for the Global Diversity and Inclusion, including interacting with students, faculty, staff, developing strategy, planning and coordinating numerous diversity initiatives. The Director will also be responsible for the implementation and assessment of activities to maximize student success for first-generation and historically underrepresented student populations and for fostering a vibrant community of learning and student support.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Cultivate an environment where all administrators, faculty, staff, and students thrive and have a sense of belonging
- Develop, implement, and advise a student mentoring program
- Work collaboratively with students, faculty, staff, and student government, and various campus departments to promote cultural awareness and inclusion
- Support, advise and promote identity-based student clubs and organizations
- Identify, implement, communicate, and help entrench best practices for diversity, equity, and inclusion within the University
- Conceive, develop, and oversee diversity, equity, and inclusion programs, activities, and initiatives to educate the community and increase diversity with particular attention to the experiences of students
- Collaborate and lead workshops with campus groups to increase cultural competence regarding leadership, inclusivity, and diversity
- Oversee web and social media presence and ensure visibility of VU’s diverse and inclusive community
- Serves as an advocate for issues of diversity and inclusion regarding policy and procedure.
- Ability to write detailed recommendations regarding Diversity and Inclusion initiatives
- Provide direct support for students from other underrepresented identities in higher education, included but not limited to, students who are first-generation, racial and ethnic heritage identities who constitute a minority, and gender or sexual orientations, represented in the multicultural and intersecting identities college students possess.
- Organize and implement programs for all under-served/underrepresented student populations that provide an opportunity for community building, networking, understanding of campus resources, and meets each students’ academic needs based on their level of academic preparation
- Participation in significant campus activities including, but not limited to, Welcome Weekends, Parent and Family Weekends, New Student Orientations, Commencement Weekends, and Admission events.
- Working with International students and assisting with their orientation to the campus.
- Serve on the Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion committee
- Develop and monitor the budget
- Negotiates contracts for services related to student events
- Master’s degree required in a related field from an accredited college or university
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant and related experience
- Minimum of 2 years of supervisory experience
- Outstanding cultural competency with proven ability to interact successfully with a diverse population of students, faculty, and staff
- Knowledge and awareness of best practices with diversity, inclusion, and equity within a higher education setting
- Strong verbal, written, and organizational skills
- Experience in budget management
- Effective problem-solver, ability to make sound judgment and decisions
- Basic proficiency using office software (Word, Excel, Outlook), social media, Zoom, Google Suite, and a high degree of comfort in learning new technology
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently.
The candidate will be eligible for all benefits available to full-time employees of Vincennes University. More information can be found by visiting the benefits page of the VU website: http://vinu.edu/human- resources
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should submit a resume/CV, cover letter, and contact information for three references to Human Resources by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Human Resources, 1002 North First Street, Vincennes, IN 47591.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Interviews may be held concurrently with the advertising period.
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. The successful candidate must be prepared to assume the position upon hiring. Please note the selected candidate will be required to submit to a criminal history background check.
Vincennes University is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer