Admission Counselor/Senior Admission Counselor
Primary Responsibilities: (Recruitment)
- Achieve enrollment goals for the Tabor School of Business, which are set each year.
- Travel and represent Millikin University at recruitment events, including but not limited to college fairs or visits at high schools, or other community events.
- Develop relationships with guidance counselors, athletic coaches, and alumni at the high schools within one’s travel territory.
- Meet with prospective students and families during individual campus visits or campus visit programs.
- Develop and maintain relationships with hundreds of new students and parents each academic year, requiring consistent communication (phone calls, email, social media, letters, etc).
- Assist students and families through the college search and enrollment process at Millikin University (application, admission, financial aid, checklist items on the VIP page, and registration).
- Learn about all the academic programs and faculty in the Tabor School of Business and regularly meet with the Tabor School of Business to discuss progress to goals and collaborate about recruitment strategies and tactics.
- Cover recruitment events in other territories when a scheduling conflict arises/when necessary.
Primary Responsibilities: (Administration)
- Responsible for knowledge and use of admission-related data systems including but not limited to SCT Banner, Target X, and the Common Application.
- Routinely and accurately communicate progress to goals (to Office of Admission and to Tabor School of Business).
- Document necessary information from campus and travel visits.
- Analyze territory trends to make number predictions and recommendations for strategy modification.
- Serve as a campus tour guide when students are not available or when needed.
- Attend and participate in regularly scheduled staff meetings.
- Other duties as assigned/needed.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of three-years admission, recruitment, student counseling or related professional experience
- Excellent oral, written, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Competitive spirit and drive to achieve goals
- Demonstrated familiarity with and ability to use web-based technologies and communication media
- Ability to work with various constituencies across campus
- A positive attitude and independent work ethic
Qualified applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information of two professional references to millikin.edu/employment. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Employment and first day of work is contingent upon successful completion of a background check. Millikin University is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from traditionally underrepresented groups in this field are encouraged to apply. Beyond meeting fully its legal obligations for non-discrimination, Millikin University is committed to building a diverse and inclusive community where members from all backgrounds can live, learn, and thrive. Millikin offers a competitive salary and full benefits package.