Assistant/Associate Professor - Prosthodontists (Restorative Dentistry)
PROSTHODONTICS FACULTY POSITIONS - 2 IMMEDIATE OPENINGS
WEST VIRGINIA - Robert C. Byrd Health Sciences Center West Virginia University
School of Dentistry - Faculty Position, Department of Restorative Dentistry
West Virginia University School of Dentistry in Morgantown, WV is seeking applications for two (2) full-time prosthodontics clinical track faculty positions at the Assistant or Associate Professor level in the Department of Restorative Dentistry. Determination of faculty salary and academic rank is within the purview of the Dean and Faculty Evaluation Committee and will commensurate with qualifications. The Department includes the disciplines of operative dentistry, prosthodontics (fixed, removable, and implant prosthodontics), and dental materials. West Virginia University Robert C. Byrd Health Sciences Center Campus includes the Schools of Dentistry, Medicine, Nursing, Pharmacy, and Public Health. Located only 80 miles south of Pittsburgh, Morgantown is easily accessible to major metropolitan areas in the East and Midwest and has been named one of the best small cities in the U.S.Qualifications
Responsibilities will include pre- and post-doctoral didactic and clinical teaching in prosthodontics, high quality scholarly activity, service related activities, and faculty practice.
The following required qualifications must be met by the time of appointment:
- DDS/DMD degree or foreign equivalent
- Specialty certificate in Prosthodontics from an institution accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation of the American Dental Association
- Hold board certification or be board eligible for the American Board of Prosthodontics
- Eligibility to obtain a West Virginia dental license or West Virginia teaching permit. Please visit the West Virginia Board of Dental Examiners for information regarding licensure.
- Demonstrate effective written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Evidence of positive leadership skills.
- Strong commitment to diversity, collegiality, and social justice.
- To be considered for appointment at the Associate Professor level, candidates must demonstrate a record of scholarly activity, service, and experience in prosthodontic education.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the positions are filled by qualified candidates.
Electronic submission of application with supporting credentials (letter of interest addressing the requirements above, current curriculum vitae, contact information for three professional references including names, postal addresses, email addresses, and phone numbers, and permission to contact these references) can be made at: https://wvu.taleo.net/careersection/faculty/jobdetail.ftl?job=17041.
West Virginia University is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer and is the recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender equity. The University values diversity among its faculty, staff, and students, and invites applications from all qualified applicants regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, nationality, genetics, disability, or Veteran status.