Assistant/Associate Professor of Criminal Justice
All candidates must include with their application official transcripts, a Curriculum Vitae, Teaching Philosophy, and a Vision Statement about the ideal criminal justice program.
- Ph.D. in Criminal Justice, Criminology, or closely-related field from an accredited institution; an earned doctorate in a related field is acceptable with a history of practice in the criminal justice system and teaching and scholarly activity in the criminal justice field
- Evidence of successful teaching experience at the undergraduate level and/or graduate level
- Experience with online delivery of courses is preferred
- Teach four courses in criminal justice, at various levels within the discipline
- Collaborate with other faculty members to design and implement curricular updates
- Advise students individually and recruit students as needed
- Post and maintain regular office hours
- Serve on faculty committees as assigned or elected
- Participate in professional development activities to remain current in the field
- Attend regularly scheduled faculty meetings, department meetings, and other required meetings
- Assist with departmental needs and development including outcomes assessment
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
The above job responsibilities are intended only to describe the general nature of the job and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of position responsibilities.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Commitment to undergraduate and graduate teaching and mentoring
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ongoing commitment to faculty development and scholarship
Delaware Valley University is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce.
Selected applicants will be responsible for providing the University with clearances, appropriate to the position, that have been completed within the last 5 years. These clearances include: Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Record Check, FBI Fingerprints completed by IDENTGO, Pennsylvania Child Abuse History clearance.