Assistant Director, Ticket Sales
Posting Number: req5611
Department: Administration and Athletics
Location: Main Campus
Address: Tucson, AZ USA
The University of Arizona Athletics Department invites applications for the position of Assistant Director, Ticket Sales. The successful candidate must be highly motivated, a self-starter and organized. This position reports to the Director of Ticket Sales and will have the opportunity to work with Outbound Ticket Sales, Marketing and Development.
The University's strength in undergraduate education and scientific research is paralleled by its excellence on the playing fields, courts and other venues of its 21-sport Intercollegiate Athletic Program. The Arizona Wildcats compete in the tradition-rich Pac-12 Conference, "The Conference of Champions." For a more comprehensive view of what makes working in our department unique, please visit the websites at: www.arizonawildcats.com.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocation services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Maximize ticket revenue by increasing paid attendance for Arizona's admission-charging sports
- Assist the Director of Ticket Sales with management and day-to-day operations of the Outbound Ticket Sales Team
- Sell season and mini plan packages for all admission charging sports
- Assist the Director of Ticket Sales with all group ticket efforts for Arizona Athletics
- Selling group ticket packages and programs for all sports
- Assist with the tracking and reporting of sales for the outbound sales team
- Work with marketing and sales to coordinate advertising and ticket promotions for designated sports
- Assist the Director of Ticket Sales with creating and implementing a comprehensive training program for the Outbound Sale Team including the use of industry best practices
- Work all home games as needed, performing various ticket sales and service duties, fulfilling events, servicing groups, and prospecting new sales throughout the game
- Attend networking events to develop and gain new leads for season and group ticket packages
- Assist the sales team in developing new leads through database management and prospecting
- Lead sales efforts for assigned sports
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Working knowledge of Paciolan and CRM programs
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated, results-oriented, and has a positive demeanor
- Skill in developing and maintain good working relationships
- Skill in use of personal computer and software such as Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to problem solve and make decisions
- Knowledge of position related NCAA, Pac-12 and Arizona rules and compliance
- Bachelor's degree
- Three years of experience
- When necessary, must be able to work flexible schedule which including some nights and weekends
- Two years direct sales experience (sports sales)
- Experience working in college athletics or sports marketing organization
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40+ nights & weekends, as necessary
Job FTE: 1.0
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Athletics
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: $38,000
Compensation Type: salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)
Career Stream and Level
Events Mgmt, Athletics
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume, Cover Letter, and One Additional Document
Special Instructions to Applicant
Please submit Resume, Cover Letter, and the answers to the following questions as the Additional Document. Thank You.
- Describe your knowledge of NCAA and Pac-12 Conference rules and regulations relating to academics, satisfactory progress, and eligibility.
- Please list below any experience you have had since 2015 with high school or college student-athletes. This includes working or volunteering in any capacity with a high school, AAU, sports club, junior college or 4-year institution student-athlete, athletics team or department.
- Applicants for this position are subject to the following NCAA Bylaws 11.4.2, 188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206, 11.4.3, 220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168, 11.4.4, 22.214.171.124, and 126.96.36.199. You may be asked about these Bylaws in an interview, and you may be asked to sign a future affirmation confirming the same prior to or upon your employment by The University of Arizona, if you are selected for employment. Do you understand that by submitting your application for employment you are affirming that you have read these Bylaws, and that such Bylaws would not preclude your employment by The University of Arizona?
- Are you the parent, coach, relative or guardian of a prospective student-athlete (i.e., student in 9-12 grade or 7-12 grade for men's basketball or junior college student) in the sport of men's basketball, women's basketball or football or have any other type of association with any prospective student-athlete in the sports of men's basketball, women's basketball or football? If yes, please explain.
- Is your potential employment within the athletic department conditioned upon the enrollment of any prospective student-athlete (i.e., student in 9-12 grade, 7-12 grade for men's basketball or junior college) in the sport of men's basketball, women's basketball or football? If Yes, please explain.
- Do you understand that failure to disclose any information related to your affiliation with a prospective student-athlete (student in 9-12 grade, 7-12 grade for men's basketball or junior college) in the sports of football, men's basketball or women's basketball might render your application ineligible for consideration?
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.