Coordinator, Leadership Programs
Posting Number: req5495
Department: Stdnt Engagement & Career Dev
Location: Main Campus
Address: Tucson, AZ USA
The Coordinator, Leadership Programs is a full-time position for a team-oriented professional who will be responsible for creating, implementing, and managing comprehensive leadership development experiences for University of Arizona students. The Coordinator will develop inclusive leaders who engage in initiatives that positively impact our ever-changing world by integrating service, experiential learning, and leadership into all experiences. The Coordinator will work closely with the Blue Chip Leadership Experience, a nationally renowned co-curricular leadership experience that connects Wildcats with engaged learning opportunities and develops them as leaders in their communities and future careers .Positioned in Student Engagement and Career Development (SECD), the Coordinator will work alongside department and campus partners to provide leadership development experiences that advance SECD's mission of inspiring and preparing all graduates to create lives of opportunity aligned with their purpose and values.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
Insert Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build and maintain relationships with partners in the department, on campus, in the community, and nationally to support the mission, events, and programs of the Department
- Provide support for the creation and expansion of leadership development initiatives across campus.
- Coordinate the assessment and budgets of programs that are under direct supervision.
- Assist with Leadership Programs recruitment and admissions, including participating in Summer Orientation Sessions, and recruiting for Blue Chip Leadership
- Attend and assist in the coordination of all large-scale leadership events.
- Represent the Department on university committees and at conferences as needed and assigned.
- Perform related duties as assigned or required to meet Department and University goals and objectives.
- Supervise teaching assistants, student workers, or interns related to areas of responsibility.
- Perform related duties as assigned or required to meet Department and University goals and objectives Teaching/Presenting
- Teach classes for the Blue Chip Leadership Experience both in-person and online
- Coordinate instructor training and on-going support for Blue Chip Leadership course instructors and student preceptors
- Write curriculum related to courses, workshops, or programs
- Facilitate leadership workshops as requested by students, faculty/staff, and community partners Events & Programming
- Serve as a subject matter expert working with a team including a curricular specialist and instructional designer to create course materials (credit and non-credit).
- Support special projects to advance the long-term vision for Leadership and Career Education, specifically to scale and expand a collaborative campus model for cutting-edge leadership and professional development.
- Staff and plan logistics of department events under areas of responsibility with support of administrative team; support and attend other departmental unit events as needed.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to foster an open and collaborative work environment
- Leadership and management abilities in a team environment
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Master's Degree in Leadership, Organizational Leadership, Higher Education, Counseling, Student Personnel, or directly related field
- 1 years of related work experience
- Experience with university structure, student programs and organizations
- Experience in working with diverse student populations to engage them in leadership development
- Experience with leadership education
- Experience in developing, teaching, and administering student leadership programs
- Experience in advising student organizations
- Experience creating and delivering engaging presentations and workshops
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1.0
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Student Services
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: $37,506 - $45,000 DOE
Compensation Type: salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)
Career Stream and Level
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
Jessica Hill: firstname.lastname@example.org
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.