Posting Number: req5571
Department: Marketing & Brand Management
Location: Main Campus
Address: Tucson, AZ USA
We are seeking an energized graphic designer to own the creation and maintenance of both our marketing assets and content created to support the brand and other marketing goals. From concept through execution, this candidate will improve our user experience by bringing our brand to life and keeping it consistent across all our various touchpoints.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Create, design, illustrate, typeset, produce graphics for all media (Arizona logos, e-mail, social media, web, booklets, building wraps, 3-D experiences, jumbotron, brochures, reports, backlit displays, presentations, newsletters, posters, signs, flyers, t-shirts, tents and more)
- Support Art Director to execute campaigns
- Scope and create templates in different mediums for the rest of campus to use (PowerPoint, Word Document, InDesign, etc.)
- Create a digital portfolio of all the work that is produced within the department
- Help organize server files from beginning to archiving of projects
- Actively listen and take detailed notes
- Provide excellent customer service using exemplary communication skills
- Work as a team member with a willingness to ask questions and learn
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through professional level experience required
- Minimum of 3 years relevant work experience
- Experience in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign is a must)
- Experience with ad specs, layout, and color output
- Experience as either an in-house designer or at a marketing agency
- Experience managing multiple projects
- Experience working with hands (mounting, creating comps)
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1.0
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Communication and Marketing
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: DOE
Compensation Type: salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)
Career Stream and Level
Communications & Marketing
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume, Cover Letter, and Three Additional Documents
Special Instructions to Applicant
Please upload work samples of print and digital designs in each additional document slot.
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.