Postdoctoral Research Associate, Systems and Industrial Engineering
Posting Number: req5555
Department: Systems and Industrial Engr
Location: Main Campus
Address: 1127 E James E Rogers Way, Tucson, AZ 85721 USA
A postdoctoral research associate position is available in the research lab of Dr. Hongyue Jin in the Department of Systems and Industrial Engineering at the University of Arizona.
The postdoc research associate will work on techno-economic analysis and life cycle assessment of novel technologies in collaboration with national labs and universities.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, vision, and life insurance; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
- (Bio)chemical process modeling and simulation
- Techno-economic analysis (TEA)
- Life cycle assessment (LCA)
- Develop project reports
- Collaborate with national labs
- Provide guidance to graduate students on project-related tasks
- Publish research articles
- Assist in writing proposals
- The candidate may work on TEA and LCA of one or more of the following technologies in collaboration with national labs and universities that conduct lab experiments: (1) organic acid production from food/agricultural wastes (e.g., https://doi.org/10.1016/j.biortech.2016.07.068) and (2) protein synthesis from microbes (e.g., https://doi.org/10.1186/s13068-018-1077-0)
- PhD in science or engineering
- PhD in Chemical Engineering
- Experience with Aspen Plus, SuperPro Designer, or similar tools for (bio)chemical process modeling, simulation, optimization, and economic evaluation
- Experience with an LCA tool (e.g., SimaPro, GaBi)
- Experience with computational thermodynamics
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1.0
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Research
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: $53,760 - $56,712 DOE
Compensation Type: salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
Dr. Hongyue Jin
Assistant Professor, Systems and Industrial Engineering
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Curriculum Vitae (CV), Cover Letter, and One Additional Document
Special Instructions to Applicant
A recommendation letter is required to be submitted with your application. Please upload your letter under the "Additional Document" slot within your application.
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.