Program Assistant - Carruth Center for Psychological and Psychiatric Services
The Carruth Center for Psychological and Psychiatric Services is seeking applications for a Program Assistant. This position is responsible for serving as the first point of contact for students seeking mental health services and to provide administrative and technical support to the Carruth Center staff who provides psychological, psychiatric, cognitive testing, and substance use disorders treatment services to WU students.
In order to be successful in this position, the ideal candidate will:
- Answer a multi-line telephone, take messages, and route calls to appropriate extensions. Triages phone calls as necessary.
- Facilitates registration process to ensure accurate and complete data elements necessary for proper registration and billing and schedules the appropriate appointment type in our electronic record system.
- Explain the policies and procedures of the mental health services provided by the Carruth Center.
- Manages the flow of the client (virtually and in person) from point to end of service.
- Uses computerized system to match with the mental health care provider availability with patient's preferences in terms of date and time.
- Assign patient/client to the appropriate appointment code.
- Obtain the patient signature for consent of treatment, privacy act forms, and other documents required for clinical mental health treatment.
- Helps manage staff schedules and trainees using Titanium Scheduler (electronic recordkeeping system). Communicates as needed with the clinicians and other staff members about any client/patient concerns or issues related to scheduling.
- Notifies patients of any schedule change per department policy.
- In the event of an emergency, implements the front desk emergency procedures.
- Supports case management efforts by reviewing client records, emails, student conduct/CARE team reports and creating related notes for clinician signature. Scans/indexes the required documents into client file.
- Reconciles the End of Day (EOD) status as client/patient appointment times pass with No Show or Left Without Treatment, etc.
- Collects financial payments for services.
- Monitors the vanity email account and voicemail.
- Creates documents and correspondence in Microsoft Word, Power point, Excel, Access and Publisher as requested.
- Proofreads documents created by staff for typographical errors.
- Creates statistical reports of client data to review appointments, client information, and attendance records.
- Schedule meetings utilizing scheduling software and in the case of telehealth, Zoom.
- Reserve conference rooms using 25 Live and/or Office 365.
- Provide administrative support for the services provided within Carruth.
- Order supplies through Market Place.
Pay Grade: 14
Length of Assignment: 9.5 Months (August 1 - May 15)Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree or a combination of education and experience.
- Business related field and/or work experience equivalent to the knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Two (2) years of experience related to office management experience.
- Experience using scheduling software.
- One (1) year of experience working with a diverse student population.
- One (1) year of experience in customer service.
- One (1) year of experience proficient with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access).
- Proficiency with technical support with hardware, software, and audio connectivity.
- Basic knowledge of share drives and network environment.
- Basic knowledge of daily computer, printer issues.
- Experience scheduling meetings via zoom or teams or related programs.
- Experience using Office 365 Outlook to schedule meetings.
- Proficiency in software programs utilized by Carruth (Microsoft Office Suite), emphasis on Excel and Word.
- Ability to interface well with clients/patients (internal & external) and ability to work within a team framework in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with students of a diverse population.
- Advanced Computer Technical Skills (networking, troubleshoot hardware and software issues, and wireless networks) or be willing to learn the problems that arise with daily operations.
- Ability to work collaboratively within an academic community, manage and meet deadlines, work independently on several projects at once, and work under pressure with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to key data with speed and accuracy, trace and correct data entry errors, operate standard office equipment, read and write in English with strong emphasis on grammar, spelling and punctuation, handle and maintain confidential information, and work under multiple deadlines.
- Basic knowledge of creating surveys in Qualtrics or Google Forms (or related programs).
- Basic knowledge of 25 Live for scheduling conference rooms (or related program)
- Willingness to learn new technology skills.
- Willingness and ability to maintain confidentiality and a high level of honesty and integrity and follow HIPAA standards, FERPA and maintain confidentiality in a mental health office environment.
- Ability to multi-task throughout the workday.
- Resume, Letter of Interest, 3 names of references with contact information.
At West Virginia University, we leverage our talents and resources to create a better future for our state and the world. As West Virginia's land-grant university, WVU has three campuses that touch each corner of the state. The WVU System includes 518 buildings on 15,880 acres, Extension Service offices in all 55 counties, ten experimental farms and four forests.
From the groundbreaking R1 research of our flagship campus in Morgantown to the career-oriented programs of WVU Potomac State in Keyser to the technology-intensive programs at WVU Tech in Beckley - the contributions of WVU employees directly impact the 1.8 million people of West Virginia every day, no matter their role or position.
Service, curiosity, respect, accountability, and appreciation are the core values that unite Mountaineers, inspiring one another to work tirelessly and support others as they seek to reach new heights. After all, when you're a Mountaineer, impossible is just another mountain to climb.
To learn more about West Virginia University, visit go.wvu.edu. View current career opportunities at careers.wvu.edu.
West Virginia University is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer and is the recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender equity. The University values diversity among its faculty, staff, and students, and invites applications from all qualified applicants regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, nationality, genetics, disability, or Veteran status.Schedule: Full-time