Online Technology Analyst
Provide multi-tier technical support, monitor online classes and provide instant resolution for technical issues associated with classroom technology.Job-Specific Responsibilities
This position reports to Director of Technical Support (Academic) at the Harvard Division of Continuing Education (DCE). This position is part of a support team dedicated to providing students and faculty with technical assistance with online courses and learning technologies. The primary responsibility of this position is to provide technical support, monitor online classes and provide instant resolution for technical issues associated with classroom technology. Technical support will be provided primarily by phone and email in a help desk environment. Staff must have the ability troubleshoot online education-related technical problems or escalate ticket. Many of the technical support issues require investigative and problem-solving skills. This position will include scheduled hours during evenings and weekends. Responsibilities include frontline phone support for instructors and students in online courses including Web Conference, streaming video and recorded lectures. Monitor live online classes for problems with audio, video or other streaming issues. Notify proper staff for course wide issues for live classes. Provide email support of student and faculty technical questions. Support students with online and proctored exams. Create ServiceNow support tickets regarding all contacts made to the helpdesk. Consult with or transfer unresolved tickets to other staff. Assist students with basic course web site navigation and assignment submission.Basic Qualifications
- High school graduate or equivalent with at least two years' experience as part of customer support group or help desk in an IT department.
- Experience with help desk ticketing/problem tracking software.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Experience and interest in supporting remote customers, a plus, as is the capacity to relate to individuals from a wide variety of backgrounds, including the global community.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills highly desired.
- Ability to initiate and manage multiple tasks under competing deadlines and shifting priorities.
- Ability to work both independently and within teams.
- Familiarity with streaming video and web development technologies is a plus.
- Fluency in multiple of the following is desired: Zoom, ServiceNow, Salesforce, Jira, Canvas, Harvard Key, DUO access, Panapto and HTML.
- Experience with video streaming technologies, digital cameras and basic video editing is a plus.
- Experience in higher education, especially at Harvard, is helpful.
The Faculty of Arts and Sciences will not provide visa sponsorship for this position.
In order to be considered for this role, a resume and cover letter must be submitted with application.
The Division of Continuing Education (DCE) comprises several entities serving about 30,000 students annually. The Harvard Extension School, the Harvard Summer School, the Harvard Professional Development Programs and the Harvard Institute for Learning in Retirement allow Harvard to serve the learning needs of students across their life. For more than a century, Harvard Extension School has made Harvard faculty and teaching accessible to a diverse community of local, national, and international students. Harvard Extension School enrolls approximately 17,000 students per year in approximately 46 graduate and undergraduate liberal arts and professional fields. More than 1,500 open enrollment courses are offeredyear-round with over 600 available online are offered at affordable prices to our communities across the world. Harvard Summer School offers approximately 450 courses on the Harvard Campus to 11,000 secondary school, college and adult learners and more than 30 international study abroad programs for up to 600 students each summer. The Division also includes the Harvard Institute for Learning in Retirement with approximately 550 active members and Harvard Professional Development Programs offering 80 short noncredit courses to almost 4,000 learners annually.
All formal offers will be made by FAS Human Resources.
Harvard offers an outstanding benefits package including:
- Time Off: 3 - 4 weeks paid vacation, paid holiday break, 12 paid sick days, 11.5 paid holidays, and 3 paid personal days per year
- Medical/Dental/Vision: We offer a variety of excellent medical plans, dental & vision plans, all coverage begins as of your start date.
- Retirement: University-funded retirement plan with full vesting after 3 years of service.
- Tuition Assistance Program: Competitive tuition assistance program, $40 per class at the Harvard Extension School and discounted options through participating Harvard grad schools.
- Transportation: Harvard offers a 50% discounted MBTA pass as well as additional options to assist employees in their daily commute.
- Wellness options: Harvard offers programs and classes at little or no cost, including stress management, massages, nutrition, meditation and complimentary health services.
- Harvard accessto athletic facilities, libraries, campus events and many discounts throughout metro Boston.
USA - MA - Cambridge
403058 IT Support Assistant II
Division of Continuing Education
55 - Hvd Union Cler & Tech Workers
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.