Registrar and Institutional Researcher
Overview: Lourdes University provides a values-centered education that enriches lives and advances academic excellence through the integration of the liberal arts and professional studies. Lourdes University nurtures a diverse community that supports students in fulfilling their potential, commits to the engagement of faith and reason inspired by our Catholic and Franciscan intellectual traditions, and provides a holistic, student-centered education. Offering bachelor and graduate degrees Lourdes provides education and preparation for meaningful careers and lifelong learning and fosters personal integrity, ethical understanding, social responsibility, and a commitment to community service.
Lourdes University invites applicants for the position of Registrar and Institutional Researcher.
The Registrar provides leadership for the development, implementation, and management of activities and systems related to academic records, student registration, and academic scheduling. This position also develops and implements academic policies regarding student records; manages the student record database; distributes all formal academic information and records; and ensures the security and integrity of academic records. In addition, the Registrar prepares academic room assignments, certifies candidate eligibility for NAIA play, certifies candidate eligibility for graduation and provides final degree audits. The registrar will conduct institutional research for institutional, federal, and accrediting reports. \
- Consistent and fair administration of academic policies. Advises students, faculty, and staff on academic policies/issues as needed
- Assists in policy development through membership and participation on; Curriculum Policy and Review, Enrollment Management, Graduate Council, Graduation Committee, Technology Committee
- Understands and enforces FERPA regulations within university community.
- Creates academic schedule. Supervises pre-registration, drop/add, declaration of pass/fail and audit, and maintenance of all registration; prepares no shows and end-of-term grade processing.
- Supervises maintenance and accuracy of all students’ records including posting majors, minors, advisors, intended graduation dates, etc.
- Certifies students for graduation, honors, class standing and completes final degree audits; supervises commencement responsibilities
- Within legal limitations and college policy, make records available and accessible to students, faculty, advisors and other authorized college personnel.
- Supervises Transfer Evaluation process
- Certifies eligibility for athletes
- Supervises the transcript request and enrollment verification services including establishing National Student Clearinghouse submission schedule.
- Manages Registrar’s Office including budget preparation and oversight, hiring and supervising staff
- Generation of internal and external reports and statistical data as required and/or requested
- Assures effective use of the student information system, maintenance and upgrades as needed and working with Information Technology to resolve problems and/or inefficiencies
- Bachelor’s Degree required, master’s degree preferred
- A minimum of three years of professional experience in a registrar's office
- Understanding of certification of eligibility for athletics, NAIA preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to develop and maintain cooperative working relationships throughout the university
- Ability to work effectively with a high degree of variability in hours, including evenings and weekends.
- High degree of organization and attention to detail.
- Ability to understand and interpret university policies and regulations.
- Proficient technology skills pertaining to database management and standard Office software
- High level of professionalism and confidentiality.
To apply, please click here.