Coordinator of Campus Life for Residential Communities
Division of Student Affairs
Position Title: Coordinator of Campus Life for Residential Communities
Department: Campus Life
FLSA Category: Exempt
- Reports to: Assistant Director of Campus Life for Residential Operations
- Works Closely with: Residence Life Professional and Paraprofessional Staff, students
- Directly Supervises: Paraprofessional residence hall staff
Job Summary: This is a 12-month, salaried position, reporting to the Assistant Director of Campus Life for Residential Operation and will assist with the daily operation of the Millikin University residential community and assist in the critical departmental functions of the Office of Campus Life such as Resident Assistant supervision. This is a live-on position with on-call responsibilities.
1. Uphold and fulfill the mission, vision, values and traditions of Millikin University and the Division of Student Affairs.
Vision: Student Success First
Mission: We cultivate holistic student development resulting in transformational learning. In our work, we value:
- Providing Advocacy
- Modeling inclusivity
- Being responsive to change
- Offering opportunities for Performance Learning
- Delivering high-quality facilities, programs, and services
2. Supervision of 16 paraprofessional residence hall staff in residential communities, to include selection, evaluation, and continuous development.
3. Management and oversight of assigned residential facilities, including serving as a liaison to appropriate University departments.
4. Coordinate residential curriculum programming efforts with other areas of Student Affairs and the campus/local communities.
5. Student Advising & Relationships
* Advise Student Housing Council to include annual programming such as move-in day support, BOO at MU safe trick or treating on campus, and residential wellness initiatives such as Alcohol Awareness Week and Safe Spring Break programs.
6. Serve as a level one student conduct officer for violations of the Millikin University Standards of Conduct.
7. Assist Campus Life in the coordination of departmental functions such as housing placement and selection, New Student Welcome Week, organizing cultural heritage month programs, paraprofessional staff selection and training and learning outcomes assessment.
8. Serve as a Student Development Advisor within Millikin's retention program, “MilliKINship”, advising a caseload of assigned at-risk students. This includes, but is not limited to: contacting and meeting with advisees, collaborating with academic advisors, faculty, and other partners; using technology platforms to record student interactions, and attending required training and professional development regarding advising students.
9. Serve as first responder for campus crisis including serving as member of the Student Development On-Call Professional rotation.
1. Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree (required); Master’s Degree in Student Affairs (preferred)
- 2 years of professional experience within Higher Education (Master’s)
- 5 years of professional experience in an educational setting (Bachelor’s)
- Superior organizational skills and work ethic, energy and enthusiasm for working with a diverse population of students
- Personal ownership of one’s own professional development.
- Successful candidates will have prior Residence Life experience and should also possess an appreciation of data-driven decision making, an inclusive campus community, mentoring, and innovation.
Qualified applicants should submit a cover letter, resume and contact information of three professional references to millikin.edu/employment. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Employment and first day of work is contingent upon successful completion of a background check. Millikin University is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from traditionally underrepresented groups in this field are encouraged to apply. Beyond meeting fully its legal obligations for non-discrimination, Millikin University is committed to building a diverse and inclusive community where members from all backgrounds can live, learn, and thrive. Millikin offers a competitive salary and full benefit package, including eligibility for tuition waiver.