Dean of First-Year Admission
- Works with the VP for Enrollment and Marketing to design, develop and execute strategic recruitment plans to increase enrollment and retention of Millikin’s domestic first-year undergraduate students.
- Be accountable for recruitment outcomes and success as well as other University-wide initiatives as assigned.
- Oversees day-to-day operations of the Office of Admission’s First-Year Recruitment Team.
- Hires, trains, develops, supervises, leads, motivates, and manages an aggressive team of admission professionals to work effectively and collaboratively to achieve strategic enrollment goals.
- Oversees the daily progress of work, the implementation of best practices, and the alignment of resources with departmental and institutional needs and goals.
- Interacts with prospective first-year students and parents to assist in resolving obstacles for enrollment.
- Responsible for ensuring timely completion, collection, and submission of student documentation from inquiry to matriculation. Ensures all students have all required documents completed and submitted prior to the start of classes.
- Utilizes data to inform strategic decisions, monitors territory development, refines travel planning, and offers day-to-day reporting.
- Employs and understands financial aid leveraging and assist in refining financial aid strategies to intentionally shape the student body.
- Strengthens brand awareness and ensures communication of Millikin’s brand to prospective students.
- Serves as a strategic partner to and regularly communicates with the Athletic Department regarding the recruitment and enrollment of student-athletes.
- Serves as a strong partner to faculty in the recruitment of first-year students, learning and understanding Millkin academic offerings and culture, and leading faculty engagement in the recruitment process.
- Works in collaboration with the Director of Events and Operations to coordinate in-person, virtual and/or off-campus events focused on increasing student interest in Millikin.
Other duties as assigned by the Vice President for Enrollment and Marketing.
- A Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of seven years of progressive admission experience is required. A Master’s Degree is preferred.
- Evidence of success in:
- Recruitment and enrollment
- Leadership and management
- Staff development and training
- Enrollment planning and data analysis
- Verbal and written communication
- Relationship Development
- Use of enrollment technologies
Qualified applicants should submit a cover letter, resume and contact information of three professional references to millikin.edu/employment. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Employment and first day of work is contingent upon successful completion of a background check. Millikin University is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from traditionally underrepresented groups in this field are encouraged to apply. Beyond meeting fully its legal obligations for non-discrimination, Millikin University is committed to building a diverse and inclusive community where members from all backgrounds can live, learn, and thrive. Millikin offers a competitive salary and full benefit package, including eligibility for tuition waiver.