Clinical Placement Coordinator - Human Performance
The Department of Human Performance in the School of Medicine Professional Programs at West Virginia University is seeking applications for a Clinical Placement Coordinator. This position is responsible for multiple aspects of clinical placement for the all programs under the Professional Programs umbrella. This includes working with the e-Value data base system used by the Physician Assistant program, managing and tracking immunizations and managing background checks. This position is part of a team and as such is responsible for all clinical education activities for professional programs.
In order to be successful in this position, the ideal candidate will:
- Ensures student compliance for graduate and undergraduate clinical placements:
- Communicates with students regarding immunization, OSHA, drug screening, health insurance, CPR certification and/or background check requirements.
- Tracks students' progress in meeting requirements and provides updates to Directors of Clinical Education as needed.
- Works with advisors to ensure that academic standards are being met as well in preparation for clinical placements.
- Provides students with information regarding where to obtain vaccinations and antibody testing as needed.
- Acts as a placement liaison in conjunction with the clinical course coordinators. Develops relationships with clinical preceptors and providers.
- Manages student site practice process; coordinating students, preceptors and instructors. Works with students to ensure compliance with requirements ensuring timely admission into desired internship and clinical rotation sites.
- Provides community outreach for the programs by maintaining a network of placements for students. Communicates with clinical sites to secure number of placements available at each site, types of rotation available, number of supervising clinical faculty and education outcomes. Works with the Director of Clinical Education to prepare educational material for both students and preceptors for community, institutional and clinical experiences.
- Prepares and delivers orientation information regarding clinical experience requirements for new students. Prepares similar information for SOLE and web sites.
- Utilizes the Clinical Education database (e-Value) to:
- Generate reports as needed for clinical site availability, placement, contracts, and confirmations
- Collect student evaluations for each Clinical Education Experience
- Monitor and track clinical education contracts and affiliation agreements
- Manages online immunization tracking program:
- Reviews and either approves or rejects student immunization documents
- Implements new trackers each year for incoming cohorts
- Reviews background check and drug screen results and reports any flags to Directors of Clinical Education and/or Vice Dean
- Assists in the data collection for accreditation reports.
- Works as part of a team that manages clinical placement for all programs under Professional and Undergraduate programs. This includes the following back-up responsibilities:
- Clinical site contracts utilizing Total Contract Management System in Mountaineer Marketplace
- Courtesy faculty appointment process
- Immunizations and background checks for all programs.
- Bachelor's Degree in field related to the duties of the position or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- One (1) year of relevant professional experience or a combination of education and experience.
- Experience with database management and web based systems.
- Demonstrated advanced computer skills, with proficiency in database management, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal communication skills and ability to work with a variety of audiences including students, health professionals, faculty and legal professionals
- Demonstrated ability to communicate via written correspondence with variety of customers
- Demonstrated ability in making presentations.
- Must have superior organization skills, able to multitask and work as part of a team and independently.
- Must be able to adapt to change.
- Valid driver's license
About WVUAt West Virginia University, we pride ourselves on a tireless endeavor for achievement. We are home to some of the most passionate, innovative minds in the country who push their limits for the sake of progress, constantly moving the world forward. Our students, faculty and staff make this institution one of the best out there, and we are proud to stand as one voice, one university, one WVU. Find out more about your opportunities as a Mountaineer at http://hr.wvu.edu/.
West Virginia University is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer, and is the recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender equity. The University values diversity among its faculty, staff, and students, and invites applications from all qualified applicants regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, nationality, genetics, disability, or Veteran status.