This position reports to the Associate Director of Residence Life and is responsible to manage and supervise activities affecting the staff and students of the assigned residence area(s). This is a full-time, eleven month; live-in position.
The principal accountabilities for the Community Director at Bryant University include but are not limited to the following:
1. Maintaining a proper living environment for residence hall students through ensuring that rules and regulations (including fire safety, quiet hours, building maintenance, and security) which affect the quality of life in the residence halls, are upheld;
2. Providing counseling assistance and guidance to students;
3. Training, developing programs with, and supervising the activities of, student resident assistants;
4. Developing creative social, cultural, safety and educational programs for students;
5. Coordinating proper building maintenance with maintenance employees;
6. Completing administrative assignments in a timely manner as required; and,
7. Performing other duties as assigned.
Certain requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate persons with disabilities.
Best served by a person with:
- Undergraduate degree (graduate degree strongly preferred) in counseling and/or higher education.
- Previous experience in residence hall management.
Qualities and Characteristics:
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and cultural competence with the ability to positively work with and support diverse groups of students.
- Ability to work collaboratively with co-workers and to build and maintain professional relationships.
- Possess the energy and enthusiasm necessary to engage and motivate students.
- Sound judgement and decision making skills.
- Open and responsive to direction and feedback.
Bryant University recognizes that its position as a leader in higher education is greatly determined both by the diversity of its campus community and its intellectual endeavors. Its commitment to link academic and social diversity for the benefit of the learning and living environment reflects its belief that excellence and diversity are mutually reinforcing objectives. We are committed to building an equitable and inclusive campus community, one that values individual difference and fosters greater understanding of the many facets of diversity and other distinctive characteristics that make us different. We encourage applications from candidates with an appreciation for and understanding of diverse backgrounds and experiences. Learn more about our ongoing commitment to building a community of inclusive excellence.
Posting Number: STA02119
Regular attendance at assigned job site and the ability to work collaboratively with co-workers and constituents are essential functions of this position.