Join the dynamic team of admissions counselors at Ringling College of Art and Design located in beautiful Sarasota, Florida!
The Admissions Counselor is responsible for a wide variety of activities related to the recruitment and enrollment of first-year students and serves as a primary contact for prospective students, their families and other interested parties in regard to admission to Ringling College. The position serves as a member of the admissions committee to render decisions on Ringling College’s applicant pool.
The Admissions Counselor effectively and independently represents the College’s academic and campus life programs by making presentations to high school art classes, and attending college fairs and portfolio days nationwide. The ideal candidate will have the ability to share the passion and direction of Ringling College to prospective students with the ability to give constructive feedback on student’s portfolios.
The Admissions Counselor assists with the evaluation of student applications for admission and scholarship; works as a team member to assist the Office of Admissions in the planning, coordinating, implementation and hosting of special recruitment events/programs; and collaborates with faculty and marketing/communications to produce effective recruitment.
If you enjoy traveling, this position requires between 8-10 weeks of travel in the fall and approximately 2-3 weeks traveling in the spring.
To learn more about Ringling College: http://www.ringling.edu/VirtualTour
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, preferably in visual arts
- Ability to visually evaluate student work, review portfolios
- Strong presentation, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Detail-oriented and possess strong organizational skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including database management software.
- Ability to learn and utilize admissions software
- Ability to travel extensively, including weekend and evening hours, particularly during the fall recruiting season
- Possess or have the ability to obtain a valid Florida driver’s license
- Knowledge of a second language
Open until filled. Apply on-line www.ringling.edu/employmentRingling College of Art and Design is an Equal Opportunity Employer.