Coordinator, Residence Life and Housing Operations
The Coordinator, Residence Life and Housing Operations develops a positive community environment that supports the academic goals of the residential students and the mission of the University and partners with other student development and student success staff, to provide assistance and support in engaging students in campus life.
The position oversees at least one residence halls and supervises RAs. The Coordinator is responsible for managing the listed functions of the Office of Residence Life and providing support for the Director of Residence Life and the departmental processes.
Essential Residence Life Duties & Responsibilities:
- This is a live-in position. Occupancy of the University provided apartment is for the duration of the appointment to the position.
- Provide approximately 20 hours of support for the assigned buildings for which they are responsible for the day-to-day operations, residents, and staff and must demonstrate knowledge regarding all residence hall facilities in order to respond to on-call and emergency situations.
- Select, train, supervise and evaluate the Resident Assistants in their assigned building(s) as well as indirectly supervise the RAs of other residence halls.
- Attend, participate, and assist in the facilitation of staff trainings and other education opportunities.
- Meet regularly with RA staff individually, and as a group, to discuss their performance, personal leadership development goals, their residents, and issues affecting their specific hall and residence life community.
- Work cooperatively with facilities, housekeeping, Information Services, and Public Safety employees to maintain efficient operations of the residence hall.
- Provide on-call emergency coverage rotation for the resident population according to a predetermined schedule including all break periods.
- Promote and encourage a sense of community, individual responsibility, and respect for others through various programs and services and presence on campus.
- Serve as the staff advisor to the Residence Hall Association Student Organization.
- Maintain confidentiality of ODU information.
- Other duties as assigned or needed.
Essential Housing Operations Duties and Responsibilities
- Work collaboratively with Director of Residence Life on designated administrative functions of housing operations and office management.
- Provide approximately 20 hours a week of office coverage for Resident Life and perform administrative tasks such as greeting visitors, typing reports, maintaining filing system and databases, copying/collating documents, processing and picking up mail, making copies, etc.
- Recruit, select, train, supervise and schedule residence hall front desk work study students.
- Update eRezlife with housing additions, changes, and withdrawals.
- Calculate daily and /or weekly housing numbers as requested for Vice President of Enrollment and Student Success, Dean of Students or Director of Residence Life.
- Assign housing and communicate housing assignment information to all new freshman and transfer students for fall and spring terms. Assign students to housing that come in during each term.
- Update documents and distribute housing contracts to all incoming students.
- Compile lists for early arrivals and term break hall access distribute to Residence Life Staff and Public Safety.
- Change student card access in Blackboard for seasonal term breaks.
- Train Resident Assistant staff on office and ODU financial procedures.
- Track and order inventory as needed.
- Attend staff meetings and other University events as required
- Participate in training and professional development as required.
- Supports and contributes to the mission and vision of Ohio Dominican University.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor's degree in a related field required or with a Master's degree in Higher Education or related field preferred. A minimum of 2 years' experience in residence life, student advising and leadership experience. The successful candidate should also demonstrate strong communication and interpersonal skills, have knowledge of experience in coordinating educational and outreach programs, and an understanding of first generation and Generation Z college students.
- The successful candidate must be proficient in Microsoft office suite and be able to generate reports and track statistics.
- Valid Driver's License.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the position. It is, instead, a description of the essential elements of the position.
Ohio Dominican University is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees, as we respect and seek to empower each individual and support the various cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.