Vice President of Marketing and Strategic Communication
Simpson College invites applications and nominations for the position of Vice President of Marketing and Strategic Communication. We seek a highly energetic, creative and enthusiastic professional to lead the overall communications, research-based messaging, marketing and branding activities for the College.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership and vision for the College’s strategic and integrated marketing and communications functions.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive, long-term and proactive College-wide communications, marketing and branding strategy consistent with the strategic goals, plans, and aspirations of the College.
- Serve as the College’s brand manager, with the responsibility of positioning the College in the market, determining target audiences and maintaining the College’s desired reputation.
- Develop, execute, and oversees programs necessary to communicate the College’s mission to the public.
- Communicate the College’s position and policies on a variety of issues to specific media and to various College constituencies which includes serving as the College spokesperson with the media as appropriate.
- Support enrollment and recruitment efforts.
- Serve on the President’s Cabinet.
The Vice President leads a team with oversight in the areas: communications, editorial and design, visual and social media and advertising, web strategy and development and sports information.
Develop effective and efficient operation of OMSC by coordinating unit plans, goals and objectives, designing systems of effective controls to guide work toward expected outcomes, and evaluating progress towards their accomplishment.
Facilitates a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
The person selected will have the following qualifications:
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant liberal arts discipline or a major in marketing, communications, public relations, journalism, business administration or a related field is required. A master’s degree and/or a professional certification in marketing or public relations is preferred.
- At least five years of experience in higher education marketing and/or communications in one or more of the following settings: education, not-for-profit, government, business and/or industry, is required.
- A record of success in progressively responsible positions is required.
- Demonstrated leadership skills are required.
- Minimum of three years if management experience in staff development, budgeting, research, and customer service is required.
- Exceptional skills in communications, marketing, and interpersonal relations are required.
- The ability to develop and implement strategic communications and research-based marketing plans is required.
- Expertise in making presentations and negotiating is required.
Successful applicants will also demonstrate a commitment to cultural diversity and the ability to work with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
Please send a cover letter, resume, name and contact information for three professional references, a statement addressing how your experiences and/or interests contribute to promoting diversity and inclusivity to Human Resources. Interviews will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Employment will require a criminal background check, which may include, but is not limited to, criminal history, national sex offender search and motor vehicle history.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Simpson College shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.